W

"A good silence never harmed anyone but speaking often causes harm." - Chrétien de Troyes

"If you continue to nag I will not hesitate to pinch you." Zahara threatens.

"You say so much yet your actions say otherwise!" Cora replies from Zahara's bedroom, folding her bed sheets neatly.

"He didn't ask so I have no choice, It's just a horseback session so stop pestering me!" Zahara shouts from her bath.

"I don't even know the basics of horse riding Cora, I'm so scared!" The warm water, milky from the creamy liquid soap Cora had mixed, smelt floral. Accompanied by dried orange and lemon peels, it soaked into her skin which helped her relax, although not enough for her racing mind.

"Might I remind you that it is the king that has wished for this? Take up this opportunity with dignity Zahara and maybe you will feel confident enough to confess how you feel. Worst case scenario..." She pauses, popping her head through the doorway,

"You remain his physician... and things become awkward." Zahara groans and dares to flick water at her and she retracts her head giggling.

Through the hallway she is unfortunate to meet Guy De Lusignan on the way, who had just briskly left an unidentified chamber, straightening his hair and tugging down his tunic.
"May I accompany you on the way, Mademoiselle?" If I said Zahara didn't nearly gag I would be lying. Although unsure of what it means she cannot help the way her skin crawls with goosebumps. He leans on the side table

"I wish to be alone, but thank you." He does not let her through.

"In fact as your future king, I command it." The future king of hell.

"Please, be gone before I request for Baldwin- The King to discharge you." Guy bellows and with brows raised he surrenders his hands hysterically.

"Oooh so not only do you call him by his name, you think you have authority or even a heritage to do so? What makes you so loved by him, is there something that I do not see? Or have not... touched?" Guy had crept up closer to her, his insincere words cutting through her skin and wounding her but she did not falter, her eyes however glued to the floral patterned carpet as they trembled. In an instant he grabs her arm and sniffles into her neck, leaving behind a gruesome sensation that burns like acid to which she shudders, clawing her fingers into his clothed arm.

"Let go." He does not move, inches from her as she feels his breath fanning her cheekbone.

"And what will you do if I don't?" He goes to grab her shoulder and she flinches, bracing for the worst with clamped eyelids.

"To whom do I owe the pleasure?" Guy groans quietly and invites space between them, rolling his shoulder back and puffing out his chest.

"My Lord." He bows, likely mocking him.

"Guy De Lusignan was it? May I remind you my sister isn't yet betrothed to you, so what makes you think you have authority to do as you please, beyond my palace walls?" no words are said in return as he tugs down aggressively at his belted Tunic, his slim cape dragging behind him as he snarls.

"ainsi soit-il." He murmurs.

Her mind releases her screaming thoughts but her eyes seem to remain still. She goes to him rubbing her arm, her steps unsure and weak.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that." He looks at her surprised.

"I'm unsure of what you are trying to say Zahara. I am glad I arrived in time to see." He sighs when she begins to rub her arm where Guy had grabbed more harsher.