D

"Through their kisses and caresses they experienced a joy and wonder the equal of which has never been known or heard of. But I shall be silent, for the rarest and most delectable pleasures are those which are hinted at, but never told." - Chrétien de Troyes

*Before Baldwin had found her asleep in the library*

Short huffs of breath become longer, deeper inhales as she falls into the sofa. Her mind is hazy and her pits are sweaty so she fans them to dry.

Time goes by patiently, but her heart does not seem to comply the same way. She raises her hand, her fingers dancing through the sun rays as she wiggles them, delicately touching her ring finger and tracing the knuckle of the joint thoughtfully.

You may find yourself thinking of him a lot and when you do it makes you... almost short of breath... she recalls Cora's words.

I wonder what he looks like... is beauty hiding behind that mask?- An Angel perhaps? She smiled to herself. I assume the worst since he does suffer from Leprosy. Last thing he'll have is a perfect face. But what is beauty without a flaw? So Perfectly imperfect...

She does not remember slipping away into slumber. Her position, curled up on the sofa which strains her neck consequently and numbs her arm. Yawning half awake she catches the moonlight gracing her features and sighs. This was supposed to be a nap. With minor movements she realises where the cosy warmth had been coming from. A large silly white cape. Looks and smells awfully like...

"Baldwin..." she whispers in response to the addicting scent. With an impulse she yanks it off to hurry out, but runs back and grabs it regretfully both from the lack of warmth and the criteria to return it. Down the corridor she jogs awkwardly, trying to tackle the length. He makes it look so flawless, it's so heavy and lengthy!

"Ah, Zahara, I was just about to call for you." Baldwin sees her almost hopping towards his chamber.

"The optician is waiting inside the lounging area. apologises for the late notice." He sincerely admits without failing to touch her in any way, grabbing her hand and caressing it.

"No It's okay." She yawns and rubs sleep off her eyes as he leads her across a balcony area accompanied by what looks like peacocks of some kind, roaming freely.

"And what is your name, young lady?" The man asks, taking notes on a scroll as she bumps her legs from first-time nerves, she has never been to an optician.

"Uh- Zahara." The man eyes her.

"Of?" He waits.

"I..it's just Zahara." He nods and writes on the scroll.

"Your age?" He asks.

"Eighteen." He puts the pen aside after a while of scribbling. Then begins the check up. Baldwin had briefly left for some small errands, leaving her mood dampened with the fact that she wanted him there badly.

"Look to your right." Her eyes snap to the right, the cape stubbornly held securely.

"To your left." Her eyes snap to her left and then she notices a silhouette at the door, his typical white attire which she couldn't deny made him ethereal. He does not move nor say anything, only there to watch, but still she feels ecstasy upon seeing him.

"Miss Zahara?" She turns her head to the optician and straightens in her seat.

"Sorry, did you say something?" The back of her neck tingles when she visualises how she was probably staring for too long, she wants to slap herself.