⏤͟͟͞͞★Puppets..?

I stretched my arms, finally finishing a gruelling job as an office worker--nothing special.

I waltzed up to my porch, smiling with pride to have barely survived all of those annoying calls from people. All I do is sit in an office and work yet I feel exhausted. Though when I made it to my door I noticed the multiple boxes that rested on my doorstep.

Did I order something? I don't remember doing anything like that.. I thought silently to myself. Screw it, maybe I just forgot! I picked up the boxes, barely able to hold all many as I unsteadily carried them to my living room coffee table with a huff when I plopped them down.

Now.. What is this? I looked at the sticker which showed an address, but it wasn't mine. Isn't it illegal to open another persons mail? Oh well- not my fault I am curious! I opened the boxes and slowly looked inside a bit nervously. I eyed the contents of the first box to see a bunch of small... Puppets? Plushies? I'm not sure-

They all looked similar in a way but also contrasted from each other by their appearance. Hmm... This is neat! What about this one? I opened the second box which had more of them, I lifted up a few and looked at them intently.

"What cuties... I'll deal with you guys later though. It's finally Friday so I mustn't waste my weekend off pondering on a bunch of toys!" I said out loud, to who? I have no idea but I said it anyways.

I was hungry, let alone tired. So I got up and walked into the kitchen where I decided to make myself a quick sandwich sense I didn't feel much like making a big meal. I decided I will just take it upstairs to my room with me so I sighed and started walked upstairs.

I flopped on my bed then scrambled up to sit upright, taking big bites of my food til' finished. I felt content with what I ate so I laid down onto my back and turned to the side, i'll just nap for a bit.. I closed my eyes as I let myself fall asleep.

.

.

.

Thud

.

.

.

I jolted up out of bed, still a bit groggy from my nap as I heard the noise, followed behind it was muffled noises and I started to grow nervous when I tried to understand what was happening. Am I being robbed?! Did someone break in? AM I GONNA DIE?! I started freaking out so I looked around my room, spotting a broom as I realized it was really all I could use. It was either I let them take my super cool PlayStation games or I fight like hell. And I preferred to keep my PlayStation games..

I slowly turned the doorknob, hearing multiple voices and shuffling sounds downstairs, I swallowed my breath as I started to descend down the stairs.

I made it to the last step, refusing to face what was there until I jumped out and looked around.

What I saw

Was far more interesting than some robbery.

I looked around and saw a bunch of puppets chatting, arguing or looking at their surroundings.