Chapter 3. Alisha

He looked into my eyes and kept on staring

He looked into my eyes and kept on staring. Shivers ran down my body as his gaze remained fixed on me.

"Leave, asshole, or I will kill you," one of the four guys said to him. He didn't even look at them; he continued staring into my eyes. I've never felt this nervous before.

"I said..." the same guy started again, but all I heard was a gunshot. Yes, he pulled out his gun and shot the guy in the leg without even looking at him. At this point, I didn't know who I should be more scared of - the group that trapped me or the one trying to save me, maybe.

He finally shifted his gaze from me and looked at them. "All of you, on your knees right now," he commanded, pressing his cigarette against the wall. His voice sounded dark and commanding.

All four of them did as he said. He moved closer and ordered, "Get down." I knew it was for me, but he didn't look at me, so I ignored it.

"I said, get down," he repeated, and I complied.

"Why are you here, and what do these people have to do with you?" he questioned, turning around and looking at me.

I was in a club with my friend. He tried to touch me inappropriately there. I pointed at that one. I slapped him and left the club. Then all of them showed up, touching me again very badly. I said, tears flowing down from my eyes.

"Do you want to kill them?" he asked, and my tears stopped suddenly.

"No," I answered quickly.

"Then what do you want to do?" he asked, standing straight against me with his hands in his pocket.

"I want to leave," I answered in a low voice.

"Then leave," he said.

"I don't even know where I am, and I don't think it's safe for me to step out again in the dark. Can you please drop me?" I asked him.

"You aren't my responsibility," he answered rudely, walking downstairs.

"Are you for real? I didn't ask for your help. You came by yourself, shot one of them, and now you're saying this," I yelled in a slightly high voice.

He turned back, stepped towards me on the stairs. I stepped back, feeling my back pressed against the wall. He still stepped closer until I felt his breath touching my face.

"You people came to my place, disturbed my peace. They would have raped you if I didn't do what I did. And if you still don't agree with me, you can go upstairs right now, where you were, and I won't come in between them and you this time. Get it?" he spoke against my lips and moved away.

I followed him. Just when he unlocked his car, I opened the gate and sat there. He looked at me from the driver's side, leaning on his car.

"What? I am not scared of you. Look at this place; you can't leave me here like that," I told him. He's completely expressionless. He looks so handsome though.

He sat in the driver's seat, pulled out a cigarette from his pocket.

"Can you please not... please?" I told him, and I don't know why, he listened. He put it back.

"Where's your home?" he asked me.

"I will give you the directions. Can you please go to that club first? My friend was left there; she was very drunk. I just wanna check if she's there or not," I asked. "Hmm," that's all he said.

"Are you a criminal?" I asked, but he didn't answer.

"You shouldn't go to clubs if you're this weak," he told me, looking at me, his hair strand covering the corner of his left eye.

"What do you mean?" I asked, annoyed.

"You can't protect yourself; you're weak," he spoke, and every word felt like a knife.

"I am not weak," I spoke, almost yelling.

"Those are the stains of your tears, if I am not wrong," he said, looking at my kurti.

I was out of words again.

"Thank you," I said without looking at him.

He didn't say anything again.

We stopped at that club where those guys picked me, but Drishti wasn't there. She must have gone home.

I sat back in the car.

"Where's your earring, the left one?" he asked. This was a strange question coming from his side.

"I don't know; I lost it somewhere in my house this morning," I answered.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Vihaan," he answered.

"I am Alisha." He didn't ask, but I still said.

He didn't answer as usual.

I looked at his hand holding the steering wheel; he has bruises on his knuckles. Badly bleeding ones.

"Your hand is bleeding; don't you feel it?" I asked.

"It's fine," he answered.

"Why are you trusting me? I could have done the same as those guys. You shouldn't trust everyone like that," he spoke.

"I was scared of you when I heard that gunshot, but you seem safe now."

"Can you give me your hand?" I asked.

"Huh?" he said, looking at me for a second.

"Just give me your hand," I said and turned to face him in my seat.

He gave me his hand; his hand is so big, twice my size. I turned his palm around and wrapped my dupatta around it before tying a knot. I looked at him while doing so and saw him smiling. He looks so pretty when he smiles.

"It's done," I said, and he pulled his hand back.

"Here's my home," I said, and he stopped.

"Thank you for everything," I said, looking at him through the window.

He nodded and left.

I called Drishti, but it says her phone is off. I called her mother, and she said that she came back and she's sleeping.

I feel relieved and disgusted at the same time. Relief because now I am safe and home, disgusted because I haven't forgotten those touches yet. I think I will just take a shower and sleep.

Vihaan's POV

What a weird night. That clumsy girl messed with my mind badly. The thing is that even I don't know why I put my cigarette back and gave my hand to do this. I spoke to myself, looking at my hand. I should go home now.