Chapter 7. Vihaan

Avinash's (Avi) POV:

"Please, sit," Rishi Chandra, the son of the late Vikran Chandra, owner of Emerald Oasis Casino, told us as we entered his mansion and walked to the drawing room.

Vihaan didn't seem to be in a very good mood. It was evident he hadn't been getting enough sleep, attending meetings day after day, being away from home for more than four days.

"Why did you want to meet us?" I inquired.

"We'll get to that. Why don't you both take some wine or whatever suits you first," he replied.

Cutting straight to the chase, I said, "Let's get straight to business. Cut all the crap," while Vihaan sat silently, his elbow pressed against the side of his seat, his right finger lightly touching his lips.

A palpable darkness envelops him, casting an ominous aura that seems to seep into every corner of the room. It's as if the very air around him grows heavy with his presence, suffocating any semblance of light or hope. His energy exudes a malevolent force, weaving tendrils of unease that coil around your senses, constricting like a tightening noose.

Each breath feels like inhaling the essence of despair, as though you're trapped in a suffocating void, drowning in an abyss of inky blackness.

In his presence, the air becomes thick with foreboding, as if every whispered word carries the weight of impending doom.

He makes you scared without uttering a single word.

"I need your help," Rishi spoke, looking at Vihaan.

"What help?" I asked, while Vihaan's deadly gaze remained fixed on him.

"You have a clean name, a good reputation. All of your businesses are thriving. I want you to enter into a partnership with my drug cartel," he said.

"We've told you before, we don't deal with drugs, and we've heard you're involved in human trafficking too," I interjected.

"Leave that. I know you don't.
But I am ready to share the profits sixty-forty. Only you have the power to ship my contraband.

Please, help me. It's a great deal for you. Don't be a fool to reject this offer," Rishi persisted, trying to convince us.

"No, I don't engage in such businesses," Vihaan spoke, breaking his silence.

"You have killed people, hundreds of them. More than many professional killers out there. Are you trying to portray a good guy image with me? Because you're definitely not," Rishi retorted.