Chapter 13. Alisha

I recalled everything from last night despite being heavily intoxicated

I recalled everything from last night despite being heavily intoxicated. My cheeks flushed as I reminisced about the events.

He left the house early, instructing me to be ready by 9 pm, hinting at some mysterious plan he had in mind. The one thing that irks me about him is his penchant for speaking in vague adjectives, leaving much to the imagination. He always keeps things cryptic and divulges less than necessary.

"Anything you need, ma'am?" Erica inquired as she approached me.

"No, I'm fine," I replied, but then stopped her before she walked away. "Actually, wait."

I couldn't help but wonder about her connection to his family. "Have you and your family been working for his family for generations, or were you chosen randomly?" I asked randomly.

"My late husband used to work here. He's no longer with us, so I took over," she explained.

"I'm so sorry to hear that," I said, genuinely concerned.

" You don't have to. Sir killed my husband," she dropped the bombshell, leaving me in shock.

Am I falling for a psychopath? Does he like killing people for no reason?

WHAT-WHY? I asked her.

Не used to assault me, beat me. I endured it all until he started bringing his friends home to sleep with me. He was disturbed. I didn't directly tell sir anything about it, but he found out, and soon after, my husband was found dead. Thankfully.

I nodded, processing the information. So, he isn't a psychopath, but he is still a killer.

"Don't you think it's wrong to kill someone, no matter what they've done?" I asked.

"I'm not well-versed in morals and ethics, but I'll always be grateful to him for saving me from that hell," she replied.

I couldn't come to a conclusion about him. He is perplexing. A dark enigma. I dismissed Erica and refocused on my work.

By the time I realized that i finished my work, it was already 8 o'clock. I hurriedly made my way to the bathroom for a quick shower.

Dressed in a simple kurti, a pair of earrings, and a bindi, I didn't feel like applying lipstick so I skipped. I heard the sound of his wheels as I descended the stairs.

He entered the house in a plain white tee and black jeans, as simple and captivating as ever.

"You're ready on time this time," he remarked, glancing at me.