14

You both call your friends to go discuss plans and ask if everyone is free. Raquel answers immediately and she almost bursts at the invite. Secretly, she had been hoping for a chance to see Ash again, and get to know him. 

    Usually she told you everything about boys, but this time, she was worried that her want was stupid, and she didn't want to be embarrassed in front of her best friend if she told her that she had a crush on a famous singer and he didn't feel the same.

    She tries to push aside her rambling thoughts and nerves about Ash, and quickly accepts the invite, before exclaiming that she had to find the perfect outfit, and promptly hanging up.

    Ash picks up on the third ring and wasn't surprised to see that Eric had been at your place. He said hi to you both and you all spoke for a second before asking him if he was free right now.

    You hadn't really had a casual conversation with Ash before. You two quickly clicked, just as you did with Eric. You and Ash's humor was basically the exact same and you even said the same joke at the same time. 

    Your imagination wandered to scenes of the 4 of you hanging out like you'd been friends for ages. It would be so cool to have a friend group like that, you could only hope the stars aligned and everything went well. So far, it seemed impossible for anything to go wrong, but you definitely didn't want to jinx it.

    Plans were made for 10 at a cute breakfast place near the mall. Neither you nor Eric had ever been to a breakfast spot in Arizona, so you picked a random one on Google before calling your friends. 

    The photos online showed a very modern, yet cozy, kind of place. The windows were large, illuminating the shop in natural light, and there were also hanging ball lights to brighten the rest of the restaurant. 

    The cafe was furniture was very cute, being made of birch and white woven material, most likely from an outdoors furniture set. The walls inside and outside of the place were covered in floral and sage green decorations. Each table indoors had a white vase with small, thin, pastel vines and pink tulips painted on, with voluminous flower bouquets inside of them with sunflowers, roses, baby's breaths, peonies, daisies, and lilies.

    The name of the place was Early Bird and it had 4.5 stars, the pictures on the food reviews look delicious. You saw stacks of pancakes and waffles with various toppings including strawberries, blueberries, bananas, raspberries. They were drowned in chocolate, maple, and strawberry syrup, and different flavors of whipped cream. They also had other foods like filled donuts, croissants, toast, as well as coffee and other drinks. It was like a much cuter, cheaper, and more creative version of Starbucks.

    It took you and Eric around 30 minutes to leave the building. Ash was closer so you picked him up first. You were driving since you knew where Raquel lived and Eric was in the passenger seat. Ash got in the back seat where Raquel would soon join him. She got in the left in the back and placed her tote in the space between her and Ash with a red face. Whenever Raquel was nervous her entire face blushed, so you knew she saw a cute boy once her nose, cheeks, and ears turned bright pink, or you would have noticed, but you had to be focused on the road, as you were now parking.