Chapter 18- Hello Scotland

After the lunar moon, it was announced for my departure to Scotland for the wedding. I was to ride in my own carriage and my family in the other. My father made all the preparations such as the guards, horses, and routes. 

All I had to do was sit quiet and obey.

That morning I woke up to an empty room. All my furnishings were on their way to Scotland as well as my dresses. Well, the ones my mother thought appropriate. I knew it being my last day I had to go say good bye to the ones I loved. So, with Wilson of course we walked into town. I was greeted by many friendly, familiar faces as they came up to me saying blessings and farewell.

"You will be back right your highness?" Said a woman.

"I will do my very best." I replied.

I had hugs from multiple children and I conversed with many town folk about the journey to Scotland.

I saw Mrs. Weatherington come outside her shop arms stretched out towards me. I embraced her and it pained my heart knowing it could be the last time.

"I have a gift for you." I said.

"A gift? You are the one needing a gift as you are departing."

"Well, it is all my dresses. Mother would not let mom take them so Wilson will have them delivered to you first thing this evening."

"Dear I do not know what to say."

"There is nothing to say." I said grabbing her hands.

"if your prophecies turn out to be true, I will come back for them." I laughed.

"You will come back for them." She said squeezing my hands.

I gave her a hug goodbye and said good bye to the others as Wilson came around with the carriage.

I hopped in and looked out the window tears welding in my eyes. I prayed her prophecies would be true. I prayed that I would come back. And I prayed Anto would come on time.

The carriage started moving as my head was facing down.

"Your majesty." Started Wilson.

I looked up. 

"I have something for you."

He reached behind him and pulled two letters handing them both to me.

I opened the first one as I felt my heart rejoice once more recognizing his hand writing.

My Princess

I think of you daily. My desire for you is everlasting and I feel foolish not able to help sooner. I hope you heard what Diego and I have conspired against the King. It should be your ticket out. However, you must remain head strong in all of this if you want your freedom. With my help you will get it rest assured. I promised you then and I promise you now I will come get you. I adore you. I adore your love, laughter, and voice. I wish I cherished your eyes and the moments we spent together. Hopefully to many more. I will not let you down.

Yours truly, Anto

I held the letter and traced over the edges. I wondered if he heard yet about me marrying the King quicker than expected. I wondered if my letter ever made it.

I opened the second one.

I have been made aware after sending my last letter. I am coming. 

I verbally gasped as Wilson looked up at me.

"Ma'am what is it?"

I took both letters and put them in my dresses pocket.

"Nothing." I said.

The afternoon and evening came blurred as my time to depart for Scotland approached. I was all dressed and ready and I knew the journey ahead would be harsh. 

However, knowing Antonio would be there made me feel at peace yet frightened me at the same time.

Multiple thoughts came to my head. What if Hamish finds him? What if he does not make it in time? What if he gets killed first? 

My head was swirling as the carriage started moving slowly out the castle gates and into the trial in the forest.

Wilson was sitting in front of me and Mina to my left who was already sleeping. I looked out the window and I could not have helped but cried. There was no way he could make it. It was too soon. All of this was too soon. The wedding would be as soon as I arrive. 

I then felt Wilson sit next to me. I turned to face him trying to wipe away the tears on my cheeks.

"For as long as I am here, I will protect you." He said.

He reached out and embraced me as I cried uncontrollably on his chest.