18

Oh dear.

Oh dear.

Oh dear.

If Shezwa knew........

"Hey, Ishu," I said to Ishita, "Long time no see."

She waved at me. Ishita used to be in our school before she transferred to another school, to better hone her singing, dancing and acting skills. She was a girl who always had hair in a different color (it was pink now) and her hands would always have pen tattoos on them.

I could see the name Jeon Jungkook on her wrists. So, she had not let go of her Bangtan Sonyeondan obsession.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I called her," Tina replied, "We haven't met for long."

She entered the house and placed the cat on the coffee table.

"You mind if I..." she began and I shook my head.

"What's with the cat?" asked Dua.

Shezwa shook her head, "No, no. We ask..."

"What's with the cat?" Zoya vocalized. None were interested in listening to Shezwa, thank heavens.

Shezwa spared a glare at me, which I swiftly turned away from, kneeling in front of the coffee table to stare at the cat.

It had beautiful green eyes, and was staring at me. I placed a hand on its fur and it closed its eyes, sinking into my touch.

"I found it on the streets whilst picking Ishu up," she replied.

"And so naturally, she had to bring it," said Ishu, rolling her black eyes, "Even though it had a collar."

"It's lost," reasoned Tina.

Zoya placed an arm on Ishu's head, since Ishu was the shortest of us all, "Whatever the case, your parents do not allow cats or dogs or any sort of animal. So, if it's truly lost, it will take time to reach its owner. Where will you put the cat?"

That was true. Tina's parents didn't allow animals, due to their allergies. Otherwise, Tina would have an entire zoo in her house.

"My house?" I suggested, then shook my head when Zoya said, "Your house has a psychotic aunt."

Dua winced. "She is older than us."

"Psychos deserve to be called psychos," Shezwa said. She placed the empty popcorn bowl on the dining table and hopped onto the sofa, "But anyway, Tina, you said something about someone helping her?"

"Tina," I warned, shaking my head.

"Yeah," Tina said, unfazed by my warning, "Someone is helping her a lot. Jida. She's the one that called us here to have a sleepover. Apparently, Ammaty Aafreen will be out tonight and Mrs. Hashmi never really said anything whenever we had a sleepover with Ellie. So, that."

"Really? But she never told me."

"Then why do you look ready for a sleepover?" Ishu asked.

I shrugged, "Because, I got wet in the rain and silk pajamas are amazing."

"Did you do it with Soroush?" Shezwa asked.

"Shezwa!" we all exclaimed. Me in horror, the others in annoyance.

"Look at her eyes," Shweza said, "And her cheeks. She's blushing."

All pairs of eyes stared in my direction. I curled my hands in fists, so as not to place it on my cheeks.

"Elizha," Tina called, with raised eyebrows.

The cat gave a meow.

"Soroush Hakeem was present there," I concluded with a sigh. "But that was because of ...circumstances. I went upstairs to vent and he went to study."