The Spell at the Waterfall

(In Adam's POV)

Mom left with my uncles and aunt for another mission. And I'm left here...wasting my time just lying around!

"Urgh...! I'm bored..." I groaned, tossing and turning in my bed during the night.

Earlier during the night, I tried to tell my mom that I wanted to join but she told me it was too dangerous, "It's much better if you stay here with your Uncle Zane and Mr. Frohicky. Your father could also come back at any given time, and he might want to see you." That is what she said to me before tucking me in bed before I was in Uncle Zane's care.

I'm a Ninja's son! I should be out there helping the world with them! Not just lounging around like Uncle Kai when he was trying to make it seem like he was training...!

I huffed getting up from my bed, "Mr. Forhicky?" I yelled, trying to find the frog man but I couldn't find him in the usual spots I'd find him.

"Maybe Uncle Zane's nearby?" I mumbled, running around the Monastery of Spinjitzu to find my uncle, "Uncle Zane?" I checked the rooms.

"Uncle Zane?!" I checked the courtyard.

"Uncle Zane? Are you there?" I went to the secret base but no one was there.

I found myself on the rooftop, "UNCLE!!!!" I shouted as loud as I could but I heard some birds chirping nearby, "Oops! Sorry...?" I apologize for interrupting the birds before sliding down the roof.

Walking around my room, I thought of the last place I didn't check, "The underground dragon shed with the portal thingy!" I grinned, sprinting towards the underground shed.

∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘

"Uncle Zane—" I looked in surprise to see...

"Dad!"

It looked like they were fighting some creepy mask guys that momma told me to hide from if I ever saw one.

"Geo! Bonzle! Fritz! Spitz!" I smiled seeing my friends from the Land of Lost Things.

"Adam!" Geo hugged me tightly, and the others did so as well, "We missed you!" The two younger members of the Finders said to me.

"I missed you guys, too!" I got confused about how they left, "But...How did you leave through the fog...? I thought it would just bring you back."

Geo gave a look to Bonzle who nudged her head to me, "Uh...We don't know yet. But we're going to explain everything once the battle between your father and his friend against those guys is over."

"Hide over here!" I led the group to a pack of crates as we saw my dad and Uncle Zane fight off the mask people.

Dad and Uncle Zane pushed them back into the portal before it closed for good, "Way to shut the Portal down!" Dad said to his friend who looked confused, "I did not do that. Perplexing. Almost as perplexing as Lord Ras's Wolf Mask fighters chasing you."

My father gave a cautious look, "You know who they are?"

The coast was clear so we got out of our hiding spot. I sped through to get to my dad.