26

"I have a big space and a good reputation as a roommate," Tony said. Rue eyed the huge unoccupied bedroom with contemplation. Tony was offering her a room in his apartment to stay at. In the current economy she had underestimated how expensive it was to rent an apartment leave alone own a house. Maybe it was a sign, in a month she was suppose to start her first year of university. She had not yet sent the defer letter.

"I can't afford it," She said walking back to his living room.

"It is free," Tony said.

"I can never agree to that and you know it," She shook her head.

"Okay it is not free, it is a loan you can repay later," He was insistent and badly wanted her to agree.

"I don't want to start my life in debt," Rue said just as there was a buzz on the door.

"That must be our orders," He said walking towards the door. Once he swung it open it wasn't the delivery guy but a girl whom Rue recognized as his sister. She jumped on him with a smile.

"Jeez, Molly." Tony lamented.

He shut the door and the girl's smile widened further when she saw Rue.

"I remember you." She said.

"Hi," Rue said for lack of better words. The door buzzed again and it was the delivery. Tony went to pick their food.

"So... you and my brother, huh?" She winked.

Molly was the same age as Rue's sister, Zoey. In fact they were in the same class. Zoey was this popular girl when she was still in school that was known to date the older bad guy, Joe King. While Molly despite being the talkative girl in school, she was the smartest and liked by everyone for her sweetness.

"We are just friends," Rue said.

"He doesn't think that." Molly confided.

"What did he say?" Rue asked.

"Nothing, only that all his conversations have to have your name,"

Rue blushed. She was so used to rejection such that she didn't know what to do with such kind of information.

Tony returned with the food on his arm and they all settled around his table after washing their hands.

"They arrested Dr. Andrews." Molly said between bites.

Rue had heard of the name but could not put a face to it.

"It was a matter of time," Tony said.

Rue seemed to be the only one floating and with no memo of what was going on.

"Who is he?" She asked.

"You don't remember him. He came to school so often?" Tony turned to her. "He ran this organization that was sponsoring girls who went into STEM."

While selecting universities, her biology teacher had suggested several organization that could sponsor her university education. She applied to several maybe Dr. Andrews was one of them. Eventually she did get a full scholarship for her Chemical Engineering course.

"What did he do?" Rue decided to ask the important question. Since her previous one made her look ignorant.

"He belongs to a ring of rich men and the men used the girls selected for scholarships, for their entertainment and post the videos in an exclusive online channel." Tony replied.

"Human beings can be so evil, they pretend to help to take advantage of your situation." Molly added.

Rue had heard of such kind of stories but they never made any sense. Like why would a rich person abuse a child or anyone. They could afford to pay an consenting adult to do all the nasty they wanted.

"May he rot in jail," Tony said disgusted. "Most of this huge age gap relationships, there someone who groomed the other and they just never realized this." Tony added.

In a way Rue felt indirectly attacked on the last part. Fox never groomed her. She wanted what they had, she initiated everything. Or did she?

Sasha shut her book and yawned. Lately by eight they were exhausted. Sarah had already slept on top of her book.

Xana was around this night. "Come on Sarah lets get to bed," She cooed her little sister. Xana decided to carry her as Rue guided Sasha.

"I worry, they don't look okay," Xana said.

Rue had noticed that took. lately they were unnaturally dull.

"I will tell my father when he returns," Xana spoke and Rue nodded.

Most of the nights when Mr. Fox returned. He would take Rue to his room and they would have sex there. They were careful and ensured she was gone before Xana returned.

"Have you seen another woman with my father when i am not around?" Xana asked. Rue had forgotten that Xana had asked her friend to spy on her father.

"After work he comes alone and i go home." Rue shrugged.

Xana shook her head, "Come with me, i know there is something going on. Some nights i hear voices and it is not Angie."

Xana dragged her friend to her father's bedroom. Rue had lost count of how many time she had been here.

"Something got to give," Xana said her eyes roaming around, Rue couldn't understand Xana's obsession with finding the other woman. Mr. Fox was a grown man and he could whatever he wanted.

Xana kept on opening drawers and shutting them. Rue knew that it was a matter of time before Mr. Fox came from work.

"What do we have here," Xana said with a box of compact disk. "I thought this things seized to exist." She said.

Rue went to see what her friend had, the disks were held in a black casing. They were arranged alphabetically.

"I have never seen this before," Xana said. "He is open with me,"

Rue didn't see anything wrong with the disks or Xana not knowing. He was allowed to have his secrets and privacy.

"What are you both doing here?" Rue jumped up, at the voice of Mr. Fox.

He seemed furious and held a murderous gaze, "Why are you in my room?" He repeated.

A Chapter 29 is now available at Inkitt, please follow me there @ivybrown179. Thanks a lot.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share. 

Wishing you a fantastic week. Appreciate you being here.