Chapter 19 - Cintra 12!

[Chapter Size: 1800 Words.]
Third Person POV

Cintra, northern kingdoms.

...

...

Madara continued training over the next two weeks, honing his jutsus and undertaking a task to find a boy in another small village. However, the boy was already dead. At least he killed the monster responsible and received another part of the reward they had agreed upon, which frustrated him again. But being unable to do anything about it at that moment, he just accepted it.

However, as soon as he returned to Cintra, there was a letter on his bed, which caught his attention, but he couldn't read. However, as soon as he touched the letter, it glowed. A portal appeared in its place instantly, and the royal druid emerged from it with a smile.

"Hello, Madara..." Mousesack greeted him.

"You..." Madara murmured.

"Come on, you can call me Uncle Mousesack." He suggested calmly.

"..." Madara didn't respond, just looked at him while raising an eyebrow, wondering why this man wanted to get close to him.

"Well... I know you've been doing some work in some villages near the kingdom," he began. "We've been hearing about a witcher child hunting monsters at court. So, you need money?" He asked in the end.

"Yes..." Madara admitted.

"Then that's very good, although I wouldn't recommend a boy going around putting himself in danger. But I admit the queen was pleased with someone solving these kinds of problems, something the soldiers usually can't do... but I know you're also having difficulty getting your money, since there have been complaints that you still charged for a service. I don't know why you're doing this for money, but at least you're doing it honestly," the druid spoke with satisfaction.

"I still don't understand what you're doing here," Madara asked, slightly cautious.

"Well, since I see you're having difficulty, I want to help you. How about you work directly for the crown? We will pay you well if you solve some problems, especially with monsters around the capital. I see you're having success with this type of work," he said.

"Well, if you pay well, I have no reason not to accept," Madara admitted.

"That's great. You will receive the number of contracts the crown has, and you will see what kind of work you can take on. Got it?" he commented, and Madara felt quite satisfied with this, trusting the druid's words.

The man approached and made 3 sheets of paper appear in his hand, "Can you read?" He asked, and Madara shook his head. "Perfectly normal." The druid said and began to read to the boy.

"How about hunting a carrion? They are dangerous beasts, and I wouldn't recommend it." The druid said, moving to the next sheet.

"There's a certain group of bandits on the road, can you handle that?" He said without looking at the boy and moved to the next sheet.

"There's a nest of necrophages in the western part, and many travelers are disappearing on that side, can you handle it?" He murmured and finally looked at the boy.

"I'll take all 3 contracts." Madara declared.

"Are you sure?" The man asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, do I have a time limit to do them?" Madara asked.

"If no one else does them first, then the contract and the reward are yours." He said, and Madara nodded. He took the map he had bought and approached the druid.