Chapter 31 - Cintra 24!

[Chapter Size: 2000 Words.]
Third Person POV

Cintra, northern kingdoms.

...

...

Madara received a purse of coins with Mousesack giving an introduction about his reward. "200 coins for the bandits on the road, 200 coins for the nekker nest, and 300 coins for the ghoul due to it being an atrocious beast. I still wonder how you managed to defeat one, after all, they are quite difficult to handle and usually witchers deal with this type of monster." He said, becoming a bit dazed as he examined the head that Madara brought, since that monster is very dangerous.

Madara nodded with his 700 coins, bringing him closer to his coin count goal to reach the 4,000 mark.

[Mission 1 – Gather 5,000 gold coins – Progress (3850/5000) 77%]

"Use this carefully, after all, with this amount of coins you are quite wealthy, especially for an 8-year-old boy." He said, unaware that the coins would soon disappear.

"Yes," He replied curtly.

"You can go have your first meal in the kitchen, we'll meet to talk to the officer later." The man said, and Madara left his lab descending the castle until he found the place where the servants and guards had their first meal in a large dining hall far from the nobles in the castle and the royal family.

Madara entered the place quietly while many turned towards him, some curious not knowing who he was, while others gossiped about him.

"It's him! The boy who entered the castle yesterday..." Said a servant.

"The court mage took him personally to his room and I heard he was summoned early in the morning." Another spoke.

"Really, who is he?" Someone curiously asked among the women.

"Nobody knows..." Some said.

Meanwhile, at another table...

"Is he the one who was with the princess...?" Said a guard.

"Yes, my fiancée told me it was him. A boy the age of Princess Cirilla, with black hair and eyes and a very serious face, not looking like a child at all." Said the man, the personal servant's fiancé of Cirilla.

"How strange... who is this boy to be so close to the princess?" One from the group of soldiers eating asked.

"Nobody knows, the boy is a mystery and there's a rumor that he had an audience with the queen! Or at least that's what the soldiers heard from the royal guards." One concluded.

Madara, not caring about the stares, took a bread with a pot of sauce and went to a table alone to eat, not wanting to mingle with these strange people.

He also wasn't bothered, despite many pointing at him while they talked, he finished eating and finally left his table, to meet Mousesack and the royal guard.

As he was leaving with some servants along with him, a servant approached him. "Are you Madara? Lord Mousesack asks for your presence in the commander of the royal guard's room." She said, Madara nodded following the woman as she led him through this unknown castle to him.

He was finally led to a tower where the commander of the guard lived after a silent path with the servant. "You may enter." She suggested as Mousesack had spoken and Madara went ahead.

She still couldn't imagine why a child would be summoned to talk with the wizard and Lord commander and didn't have the courage to ask, but it would certainly make for good gossip as soon as she left here.