Chapter 1- The Tall Man

Luvida was stolling through the library when she came across a book that was entirely covered in dust. She slowly took it out and blew off the dust.

She wondered why no one has ever touched this book long enough for it to get this dusty. After months of working in this library, she never noticed this book.

The book had a leather coverage but no name on it. Out of curiosity, she opened the book and almost gasped at what was written on the first page, 'The Vampire's Night'.

Luvida was always fond of the supernatural. She believed in ghosts, fairies, spirits and especially vampires. She could always feel their presence around her.

Just then, she heard a deep voice behind her, "What do you think you're reading?". She turned around to see a tall man. And the next thing she knew, she was staring at his eyes. They were bright red, just like in all those books she read about vampires.

He took the book from her hands and put it back in the shelves, without breaking eye contact. Then he leaned closer so that no one else could hear him, "The night before April 3rd is the Vampire's Night. You better be careful. Try your best to stay alarmed of your surroundings. They could be anywhere." With that, the man slowly walked away.

Luvida just stood there, still trying to process what the man said. He did look serious when he said that. Maybe he was right.

By the time she had left the library, it had got dark. She called an uber to drop a few feets away from her home.

The house she lived in was almost a mansion. Once, it was known for its wealth and beauty. But now, a rumour is spread saying it's an abandoned mansion that no one but ghosts live in. There are no neighboring houses near it.

Luvida, who is an introvert herself, don't really mind it. In fact, she is relieved now that she won't have many visitors anymore. But she also don't want others to think that she's a freak for living in such a place. So she always goes there in secret. And with school, she's mostly outside.

Once she reached her home, she ran up the stairs to her room. She hated how big her house was.Once she even thought about selling it to a smaller one. But then she had always believed and felt the presence of other souls in her home, making her feel less lonely.

She threw herself to her bed and closed her eyes. She kept on thinking what that tall man had said. She opened her phone and saw the date. It was April 1. Tomorrow night is the Night of the Vampires.

I'm so sorry that nothing really happened in this chapter. But I'll make sure to make the next chapter a lot more interesting...

Make sure to hit that star button, would ya? Thanks!