Chapter 3- The Bite

She lied on her bed, scrolling through her phone. All the housework was done and now she was free. She thought about how after some hours, she would have to be careful. But a part of her still thought of it as a joke.

It was getting dark. She went downstairs to the kitchen to grab something to eat. Then she opened the T.V and sat on the couch with a bag of chips. Just 10 minutes into a movie, she felt drowsy. She lied on the couch and within minutes, she dozed off.

She woke up to her phone ringing. With a sour voice, she answered the phone. There was no sound from the other side. "Hello? Anybody there?", she asked. No reply. "Is this a joke to you? Ugh..", she ended the call and yawned, rubbing her eyes. She checked the time and her heart almost stopped. 1:37. How long has she been sleeping? She felt like she just woke up from a coma or something.

Then realization hit her. It was the exact time showed in her dream...or nightmare. Her head started spinning as her stomach twisted for some reason. She couldn't breathe properly. She tried walking to the kitchen to snatched some water but halfway there, her legs froze and shefell to her knees. Her hands and feet felt cold and numb. She felt all her senses weaken as everything got blurry. Soon she blacked out.

She woke to the most alluring eyes staring at her. They were a bright shade of red and maroon. As soon she came to her senses, she realized how they were only mere inches apart. Her eyes went wide as she quickly backed off. "Who are you?" She said in a shivering voice. He smiled softly, "You'll see". And as his lips slightly parted, her heart almost stopped when she saw the sharp fangs. He's a vampire.

She screamed at the top of her lungs as she ran towards the stairs. She heard him chuckle behind her.  She looked behind her but he wasn't there.

As she took one step front, she felt something hard infront of her. Him. She let out another ear splitting scream before running the opposite direction to the kitchen. This time, he didn't stop her.

She grabbed a knife and pointed it at him. "Stay away from me! I'll..I'll stab you!" She barked, trying her best to sound strong.

"Someone's defensive", he said in most calmest voice. He took slow steps towards her as she was shaking like crazy.

"Stay away!", she repeated in a serious tone. He chuckled at her trembling figure, " It's okay, little own. Just one bite to make sure you're the one I'm looking for," he said with most devilish smile.

Once he was close enough, she used all her strength and courage and stabbed him in his stomach. She closed her eyes tightly, not knowing what happens next.

For some seconds, they didn't move. She slowly opened her eyes to look at him.

His face held no emotion, but his eyes were fill with pure agony. He was alive? Within a split second, he grabbed her throat with one hand while the other pulled out the knife.

She couldn't breathe as she tried her best to free herself from his hold. Her eyes began to water as her face went purple. All the time, he looked at her with no emotion.

Her heart was beating so fast. She didn't want to die. When he saw that she couldn't hold it anymore he let her go.

She fell down, her eyes wide as she gasped for air. He knelt down to her. He tucked his fingers under her chin and pulled her face up. His lips brushed her ears as he whispered, "Did you really think you could pull that off? Listen, you moron, I. Don't. Die ."

She stared at him, not knowing what to do. She felt useless and completely helpless. She was no match for him. She closed her eyes as tears poured down her face. This was it. She was going to die. She barely noticed when his one arm went behind her knees and other behind her neck. She yelped when he lifted her up. He took her to the guest room.

Gently laying her on the sofa, he leaned down to her and brushed the hair off her neck. She lifted her hands to defend her self but when he clicked his fingers, her hands froze to the sofa. She couldn't move them at all.

He held her chin, pulling her face up so that their eyes met. "It's okay. Just close your eyes and don't say a word. The more you move, the more painful it gets," he quietly said with another devilish smile before leaning closer to her neck.

With each second, she got more and more scared. Her stomach twisted as tears poured down her face continuously. She could feel his breath on her neck as his nose trailed down her collarbone. Then she felt the stinging sensation of his fangs entering her skin. She shut her eyes as waves of pain suffocated her. She felt all her energy draining from her body. She tried to think of something else but the pain was so intense that all she could focus on was him taking his time, tasting her blood. He held her shoulders tightly as he groaned. Then he abruptly but carefully took off his fangs from her, his eyes wide.

She opened her eyes to him staring at her with disbelief. His eyes wide and his the back of his hand on his lips, as if he saw a ghost. Then he blocked a few times to make sure he wasn't dreaming and whispered ,"It's you. It actually is you." He breathed sharply with his hands on his forehead. She tried to say something but the sharp pain in her collarbone stopped her. She felt everything go blurry as she blacked out.

"Come one, it was just one bite. Humans these days..", Luvida lazily opened her eyes when she heard a deep voice. She was in her bed. She thought about what happened and when she came to her senses, she shot up to the bed , sitting straight. "Relax, you're not dead", the same deep voice said from behind her. She looked behind her shoulder to see that vampire leaning on one arm in the bed. He got to his feet and stood infront of her. "After 14 years, I finally found you" he said proudly. Why was he looking for her? ,She thought. She gave him a confusing look, which made his eyes go wide. "Don't tell me you don't what I'm talking about".

That's it! Cliffhanger!....right? BTW i'm so sorry for not posting for a long time. I was a bit busy and this chapter was a bit long and complicated.

And please let me know your thoughts in the comments. I beg you. Thanks!

The Vampire's Prey जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें