CHAPTER 100

In the grand royal court of tyrant Kamsa, a stark division was visible among his advisors. On one side sat his wicked ministers, whispering deceitful counsel into his ears with sly smirks on their faces. Their eyes gleamed with malice as they plotted schemes to further Kamsa's tyranny and oppression. On the other side sat the lawful and righteous ministers, their expressions somber and eyes downcast.

Akrur, with furrowed brows, carefully observed Kamsa's actions with worry etched on his face. Vasudev had his eyes downcast with a heavy heart, while Devabhaag seemed burdened by the weight of his unheeded wisdom. Satyak appeared resigned, his gaze distant as if he had given up hope of Kamsa ever heeding good counsel. Kritvarma sighed heavily, a sense of helplessness evident in his demeanor. Bhurishrava's eyes darted sideways in silent protest, feeling the frustration of being ignored.

"Narayan-Narayan !" The atmosphere shifted as Narad Muni entered with his divine presence, radiating joy and wisdom.

The wicked ministers silenced their whispers, the righteous ministers straightened in anticipation. His arrival was met with reverence as everyone rose to their feet in respect. Akrur's worried expression softened, feeling uplifted by Narad's divine aura. Satyak, who had lost hope, perks up slightly, intrigued by the sage's lively spirit. Kritvarma's sigh turned into a smile as he felt a sense of warmth in Narad's presence.

Vasudev, whose eyes were once downcast, now looks up with a glimmer of hope and so does Devabhaag, touched by Narad's infectious enthusiasm. Bhurishravas, who had kept his eyes sideways, now turned to face Narad directly, drawn in by his magnetic presence. Even Kamsa rises from his throne in acknowledgment of Narad Muni's presence.

The tyrant says, "Padhariye devarshi. Bade dino baad aapko dekh prasannata huyi."

"Asha karte hai," Narad chuckled, "aapki yeh prasannata mere aane ke karan jaanne ke baad bhi bani rahe."

"Tatparya ?" Kamsa asks with a frown.

With a smile on his face, Narad Muni joyfully announces, "Arishtasur ka bhi vadh kardiya tere kaal ne."

Upon hearing this news, a gleam of worry flashes across Kamsa's face. The wicked ministers exchange uneasy glances, sensing their ruler's growing apprehension.

"Tera kaal," Narad Muni continued, "Vrindavan mei surakshit hai. Woh jo swayam Vishnu ka avatar hai. Jo Nand aur Yashoda ke putra Krishna ke naam se jana jata hai, kintu hai Vasudev aur Devaki ki aathvi santaan, jise Vasudev ne swayam Bhadrapad ki uss varsha wali raat Gokul jaa badal diya Yashoda ke kanya ke saath. Aur inki saatvi santaan jiske garbh mei naash ho jaane ka tu sukh mana raha tha, woh hai Sheshnaag ka avtaar Balram. Jo pala Devaki ke garbh mei, kintu uss Narayan ki maya ke karan janma Rohini ke garbh se."

The information struck a nerve, causing Kamsa's usual confidence to waver. His initial reaction was one of disbelief, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion as he processed the fact that so much conspired right under his nose and he remained oblivious.

Narad Muni smiled, "Woh Krishna aur Balram hi hai, jisne tumhare bheje sabhi asuro ka annt kiya hai."

Kamsa's face twisted in anger, his gaze shifting to Vasudev, a glint of betrayal in his eyes, the Bhoja king seemed to have lost his senses. Vasudev, however, held his gaze with unyielding strength, unapologetic in his stance. Kamsa's hand gripped the hilt of his sword, his knuckles turning white in fury. In a sudden surge of rage, Kamsa lunged towards Vasudev, the glint of malice reflected in his eyes.

"Thehero !" Narad Muni stepped between them, stopping the tyrant in his tracts. "Vasudev toh tumhare shatru nahi. Krishna aur Balram hai. Fir inka vadh karke, tumhe kya milega ?"

For a moment, Kamsa hesitated, his grip on the sword loosening as he gazed at Narad Muni's serene face. He slowly lowered the weapon, but the fury still burned brightly in his eyes as he turned his gaze back to Vasudev.

Kamsa roared, "Sainiko ! Bandhi bana lo Vasudev aur Devaki ko !"

The guards swiftly moved, some heading out to fetch Devaki while others firmly seized Vasudev. As the guards moved forward to carry out Kamsa's orders, a sense of despair filled the room.

"Rajan !" Satyak said, "Yeh aap kya kar rahe hai ? Vasudev jaise sajjan ko bandhi banana paap hai ! Rajdharm ka smaran kijiye !"

"Chhodo Satyak." Vasudev turned around, "Hume ab humare putra hi chhudayenge." He said, accepting his fate with solemn resignation. The guards led him away from the court.

On the other hand, in Vasudev's grand mansion, the air thick with tension, Devaki stood tall and resolute as guards, with cold detachment, shackle her. Her eyes betray no fear, only a fierce determination that seems to pierce through the chaos.

Her co-wives, faces etched with sorrow and despair, clutch their sons tightly, a silent plea for mercy in their eyes. Devarakshita, Devaki's sister, steps forward, her voice trembling with defiance as she tries to reason with the guards, "Bina kisi apraadh ke kisi nirdosh ko bandhi banana paap hai. Nirdosh ke ashru Raja ka, Raja ke kul ka aur uske sampatti ka naash kar dete hai !"

But her pleas fall on deaf ears as the guards carry out the tyrant's bidding without a second thought. The sound of metal clinking against metal echoed through the opulent halls.

Devaki said stoicly, "Naash toh hoga, Devarakshita. Kamsa ke paapo ka ghada ab bhar chuka hai."

Devarakshita's son, Gad, with tears in his eyes, broke free from the clutches of fear and rushed to Devaki. Ignoring the looming threat, he embraced her fiercely.

"Mata, mai aapko nahi jaane dunga !" His small frame trembled with determination.

Devaki, a beacon of strength in the face of adversity, shared a fleeting, reassuring smile with Gad, "Chinta na karo putra. Tumhare agraj, tumhare bade bhai ek din aayenge. Aur fir Kamsa jaise adharmiyo ko koi bhi nahi bacha paayega."

The guards, unmoved by the emotional display, proceeded to drag Devaki away, her graceful form disappearing into the shadows of the corridor. As Devaki was led away to her uncertain fate, her family could only watch in silent agony, the heavy weight of despair hanging in the air like a suffocating shroud.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

WE HAVE REACHED THE CENTURY ✨

So Kamsa at first lets Devaki and Vasudev go after the birth of Krishna, and then after the death of Arishtasur and the revelation by Narad Muni, he again imprisons them.

And guys I was thinking something, how about I show Kamsa vadh in the next book, and let this book just be about Braj ?

Because the next book HH16, is titled विशृंखलित राजवंशाः (Vishrinkhalit Rajvanshah) meaning 'Dynasties in Chaos'. It's about mayhem and turmoil of Yadavas and Kurus (but mainly Yadavas and their sub branches), so Kamsa vadh fits more in the theme of HH16 because that is what leads to chaos in Yaduvansh and Jarasandh wars.

So I'm thinking since this book is titled Namami Braj Nayakam, let this book be just about Krishna's adventures in Brajdham. What do you say ? 👀