CHAPTER 105

The very next day, Akrur set off for Nand's village. As he sat on the grand chariot, its wheels creaking along the dusty path toward Vrindavan, his heart was filled with an ineffable joy. The gentle sway of the vehicle seemed to harmonize with the rhythm of his thoughts, all centered on the divine presence of Krishna.

With each passing moment, Akur's anticipation grew, a radiant smile playing on his lips as he envisioned reuniting with Krishna and Balram. Akur's devotion knew no bounds as he wondered what pious deeds he must have done, what great austerities he must have performed to be granted the rare opportunity to meet God in human form. He felt gratitude churning in his soul, knowing that this meeting was a blessing beyond measure.

The trees whispered their blessings, the birds sang melodious hymns, and the sun shone brighter as Akur's chariot drew closer to Vrindavan. His heart beat with anticipation as he imagined the moment he would lay eyes on Krishna and Balram, the very essence of divinity.

'Aaj toh jeevan sarthak ho jaayega. Anjaane mei, Kamsa ne mera kalyaan kar diya. Mai rath se utarte hi, prabhu ke charan sparsh kar lunga.' Akrur thought, and then began to meditate upon the lord.

Simply by the effulgence of the lord's toenails, many souls in the past have transcended the insurmountable darkness of material existence and achieved liberation. Akrur wondered what will happen when he'll worship those feet today.

As he pictured Krishna's divine form - with his dark skin and curly hair - Akrur's heart swelled with love and excitement. He could almost see the enchanting smile on Krishna's face and the mischievous twinkle in his eyes that seemed to hold the entire universe.

Akrur imagined himself standing before Krishna, his hands joined in reverence, feeling all his impurities melt away in the presence of the Lord. He knew that just one glance from Krishna would dispel all his doubts and fill him with the most intense joy.

He envisioned Krishna recognizing him as a dear friend and relative, embracing him with his powerful arms and purifying his body of all past sins. And then, he imagined Balram, taking his hands and leading him to their home, where he would be honored with a grand welcome and asked about the well-being of their family.

Akrur's excitement and devotion knew no bounds as he anticipated the incredible blessings and love that awaited him in the presence of Krishna and Balram. Today was going to be a day he would never forget.

As the late afternoon sun cast a golden hue, the chariot finally rolled in with a gentle rumble at Nand's village. Akrur's keen eyes caught sight of small footprints etched in the soft ground, unmistakably belonging to Krishna.

Immediately halting the chariot, Akrur leaped off the chariot, his breath quickening as he approached the divine footprints. The imprints of the Lord's lotus feet seemed to radiate a celestial energy, drawing him closer in a trance-like state.

Kneeling down, Akrur gently touched the imprints distinguished by such marks as the lotus, barleycorn and elephant goad, made the earth wonderfully beautiful. Tears of joy welled up in his eyes as he gazed at the marks left by the supreme deity, the footprints of those feet whose mere dust adorns the crowns of rulers across the universe. As he ran his fingers along the outline of the footprints, a wave of goosebumps surged over his skin.

"Yeh toh mere prabhu ke pad-chinh hai !" Akrur exclaimed.

His entire being trembled with a mixture of awe and love, an indescribable sensation that left him breathless. Unable to contain his emotions any longer, Akrur prostrated himself on the ground, his body trembling with intense bliss. He rolled over and over in the dust, his heart overflowing with devotion as he sought to merge his essence with the divine presence left behind by Krishna.

In that state of pure devotion, Akrur's eyes caught sight of Krishna and Balram in the distance, carrying buckets as they made their way to milk the cows. Clad in yellow and blue attire, well adorned and well ornamented with jeweled necklaces and flower garlands, anointed with auspicious, fragrant substances, freshly bathed, and dressed in spotless raiment.

They walked with the gait of young elephants, glancing about with compassionate smiles, with eyes that resembled the autumnal lotuses. They resembled two gold-bedecked mountains, one of emerald and the other of silver.

"Prabhu ! Mere swami !" Akrur hurriedly gets up, stumbling in his haste, and runs towards the brothers with a heart filled with devotion.

With tears of joy streaming down his face, Akrur falls at Krishna's feet, his heart brimming with love and gratitude. In that moment, all his worldly worries and sorrows fade away, replaced by a profound sense of peace and contentment.

Akrur’s eyes flooded with tears and decorated his limbs with eruptions of ecstasy. He felt such eagerness that he could not speak to present himself. Krishna and Balram look at him with gentle smiles, filled with love and compassion for their devoted follower.

"Akrur kaka." Krishna smiles and lifts him up gently and embraces him warmly, feeling pleased.

Akrur feels a rush of joy coursing through him as he is enveloped in Krishna's divine embrace. In that moment, he feels a sense of peace and contentment that he had never experienced before. Tears of gratitude well up in Akrur's eyes as he looks into Krishna's compassionate gaze.

Akrur gets on his feet, and then turns to Balram and offers a bow. Balram, seeing Akrur's devotion, holds his joined hands, and says, "Padhariye Kaka. Atithya swikar kariye."

Akrur felt a sense of belonging and acceptance as he walked alongside Balram, who exuded a sense of brotherly love and support. Upon reaching the house, Balram welcomed Akrur inside with a gesture of hospitality. Nand, Yashoda and Rohini, on seeing the familiar guest, were delighted.

Balaram offered Akrur a fine seat, bathed his feet in accordance with the injunctions of scripture and respectfully served him milk with honey. presented Akrur with the gift of a cow, massaged his feet to relieve him of fatigue and then with great respect and faith fed him suitably prepared food of various fine tastes by Yashoda and Rohini. Balram then offered him aromatic herbs for sweetening his mouth, along with fragrances and flower garlands.

Nand asked, "Danapati, uss nirdayi Kamsa ke Raaj mei aap sab kushal toh hai ? Praja surakshit toh hai ?"

"Nandraj, jis paapi aur swarthi ne apni hi behen ke shishuo ki uske saamne hatya kardi, jab ki peeda se chillati rahi..... Fir praja ki aap kya baat karte hai ?" Akrur sighed.

Rohini shook her head, "Devaki ne bahut kasht jhela hai."

Krishna's jaw clenched while Balram's fists tightened in silent fury.

Yashoda, with a mixture of concern and curiosity, inquired, "Waise aap varsho baad aaye hai. Koi khaas auchitya ?"

Akrur's lips parted, as he hesitated to come up with a response, sensing the weight of the revelation he carried. Krishna and Balram exchanged a knowing glance, as they silently communicated their shared apprehension about the impending revelation.

"Kya huya ?" Yashoda's voice broke the silence.

Akrur reluctantly said, "Devi woh Krishna..."

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

I-😭😭😭😭