chapter 8(New friend?)

Isabella pov

The next morning, I found myself heading to my first math class, hoping it would distract me from the turmoil of the past few days. The classroom was already half-full when I arrived, and I quickly found an empty seat near the middle. As I settled in, a cheerful-looking guy with a stylish haircut and a bright smile slid into the seat next to me.

"Hey there! I'm Liam," he said, extending his hand.

"Bella," I replied, shaking his hand and feeling a bit of my anxiety melt away. His friendly demeanor was a welcome change from the tension I'd been feeling.

As class began, Liam and I exchanged a few whispered comments about the professor's enthusiasm for quadratic equations. His sense of humor was infectious, and by the time the lecture ended, I felt like I'd made a new friend.

After class, Liam and I walked together to the cafeteria for lunch. "So, what's your major?" he asked, genuinely curious.

"I'm still undecided," I admitted. "Just trying to figure things out as I go. How about you?"

"Communications," he said with a grin. "I love talking, so it seemed like a natural fit."

We both laughed, and I felt a warmth spread through me. It was nice to connect with someone new, someone who didn't know about my complicated past with Leo.

When we entered the cafeteria, I spotted Sofia sitting at a table near the window. I waved her over, and she joined us with a bright smile. "Sofia, this is Liam. We just met in math class."

"Nice to meet you, Liam," Sofia said, shaking his hand. "Bella, I'm glad you're making friends already."

We sat down and started eating, the conversation flowing easily. Liam's stories about his high school adventures had us all laughing, and for a while, I forgot about my worries.

But then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw him—Leo. He was sitting with a group of friends, his presence commanding attention as usual. My heart sank as I noticed the way he was looking at me, his eyes hard and unyielding.

Liam followed my gaze and raised an eyebrow. "Hey, isn't that Leo Martinez? He's pretty well-known around here. Senior, rich, good-looking, and his dad's some big shot. Do you know him?"

My stomach twisted at the question, but I forced myself to keep my expression neutral. "No," I said, shaking my head. "I don't know him."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Leo's expression falter, a flicker of hurt crossing his face before he turned away. I bit my lip, the guilt gnawing at

"He's a senior, right?"

"Yeah," I replied, keeping my tone casual. "But it's not a big deal."

"So, you don't know him well?" Liam pressed.

I hesitated, my heart aching with the weight of the truth I couldn't fully share. "No, not really," I said finally, trying to sound indifferent.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Leo's expression falter, the hurt evident in his eyes. He had heard me, and my denial had clearly struck a chord. I fought the urge to look his way, forcing myself to focus on Liam and Sofia instead.

"Got it," Liam said, sensing my reluctance to elaborate. "Well, whoever he is, he's missing out on knowing a great person."

I managed a smile, grateful for Liam's support. "Thanks, Liam."

We continued our lunch, and I did my best to push thoughts of Leo aside. This was my time to make new friends and focus on my future. I couldn't let the past dictate my present.

As we finished up and headed to our next classes, I felt a mix of emotions. Seeing Leo's reaction to my words had been painful, but it also reinforced my resolve to move forward. I had to focus on myself and the new relationships I was building, like the one with Liam.

The next few days passed in a blur of classes, new faces, and adjusting to college life. I continued to spend time with Liam and Sofia, grateful for their companionship. Liam quickly became a close friend, his upbeat personality and sense of humor making him easy to be around. 

Despite my best efforts to ignore Leo, our paths seemed to cross frequently. Whether it was passing him in the quad or seeing him in the cafeteria, he was a constant reminder of the unresolved feelings I carried. I tried to push those thoughts aside, focusing instead on my studies and my new friendships. 

 One afternoon, after a particularly grueling calculus lecture, Liam and I decided to take a break and relax on the grassy quad. We found a spot under a large oak tree, the shade providing a welcome respite from the sun. 

"So, tell me more about this mysterious Leo," Liam said, leaning back against the tree trunk. "I can tell there's more to the story than you're letting on."I sighed, knowing I couldn't avoid the topic forever. "We used to be close," I admitted, picking at the grass. "We grew up together, and he was my best friend. But things got complicated, and we drifted apart."Liam listened intently, his expression sympathetic. "It sounds like there's a lot of history there." 

"There is," I said quietly. "And seeing him again has brought up a lot of old feelings. But I'm trying to move on and focus on the future."Liam nodded, offering a reassuring smile. "You're doing great, Bella. It's okay to have feelings about the past, but you don't have to let them control you. Just take it one dayat a time."

sofia and liam somehow convinced me to come to the party even though all i wanted to do is stay in my room with pj's and a bunch of snacks that would probably kill me one day watch a bunch of Disney movie watch titanic and cry my eyes out and debate with my self that they both could have fit and they both could have been alive.

Sofia jumped in, holding up an outfit with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Come on, Bella. It'll be fun! And I have the perfect outfit for you."

She thrust the clothes into my hands before I could protest. I glanced down at the shorts and crop top, my eyes widening at the sight of lace detailing on the sides.

i hesitated, eyeing the outfit with a mix of uncertainty and intrigue. "I don't know, Sofia. It's a bit... revealing," she remarked, conscious of her comfort level.

"Sofia, I can't wear this," I protested, feeling a blush creeping up my cheeks.

"Of course, you can! You'll look amazing," she insisted, already rummaging through her makeup bag.

Liam chimed in, adding his persuasion. "Yeah, Bella. Live a little. It's just one night."

Their enthusiasm was infectious, and despite my initial reservations, I found myself agreeing. Maybe stepping out of my comfort zone for one night wouldn't hurt.

With a sigh, I retreated to the bathroom to change into the daring outfit Sofia had chosen. As I looked at myself in the mirror, I couldn't help but feel a mix of nerves and excitement. The outfit was definitely out of my usual style, but there was something liberating about it.

When I emerged from the bathroom, Liam and Sofia cheered, their approval making me smile despite my nerves.

"You look incredible!" Liam exclaimed, giving me a thumbs up.

Sofia beamed, adding the finishing touches to my makeup. "Now you're ready to slay the party!"

🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶

Hi guys hope you are having a great day

what do you guys think will happen at the party?

so how is story till now? hope you guys like it

as always i welcome feedback

like always love you guys:) 🫶 and see you guys in next chapter