XXIII

My dearest Minho,

The weight of our parents' expectations, their blueprints for our happiness, has crushed the joy from our hearts. They weave their dreams, but they fail to see the threads of our own desires, woven with love and longing.

You, with your gentle heart, have always been swayed by their words, but I, Minho, can no longer bear this gilded cage. The whispers of your true feelings have reached my ears, the soft echoes of your love for Jisung.

I see the way your eyes soften up when he's near, the way your hand instinctively reaches out to him. I see the pain you carry, a secret love you dare not share.

And so, Minho, I release you. I release us from the chains of their expectations. Our wedding, a gilded cage of their design, is no more. Let your heart be your compass, let it guide you to the place where your true happiness lies.

Go, Minho, claim the love you cherish. Marry Jisung, and build a life woven from the vibrant threads of your hearts, a tapestry of your choosing, not theirs. I will find my own path, a journey where my heart sings its own song, unfettered and free.

I hope everything goes well in your upcoming journey. 

because life was never easy. It stabbed daggers in our hearts.

and with a guarantee, I can say that

it did hurt.

and now utter that to your beloved, Jisung. Because I know he longs to hear these words.

Farewell, my love, but not goodbye.

With a heart both heavy and light,

Yeonsin