Chapter 2: Fight Or Flight

Brittany's POV:

I head down the stairs of the three story office building as quietly as possible. Collin gave me a three inch long knife as well as three smoke bombs with a lighter and suggested I use stealth. Every time I pass an open window I duck so they don't see me. The last thing I need is to be spotted.

He told me these smoke bombs will make a bigger cloud than the usual ones you could buy at a store. It's perfect if I get in a bad situation. Well, as long as they don't know where I am.

I reach the bottom and go out the back door, into the back alleyway behind the building where the Hunters are less likely to be. The building across from us has a ladder going up the side of it, so I head up and onto the roof of the two story building.

Once on top, I try to get a layout of the land. The whole city is buildings, buildings, and more buildings. Great. No land marks. That's usually where I would go.

I continue to look around for something that sticks out; hopefully Talon has the same idea. About a mile away, I see a large business building, it looks like it's made out of mirrors because it's so reflective. Looks like that's where I'm going.

I sigh and climb back down the ladder. I can hear the Hunters prowling the main roads. There's a lot of them. How am I supposed to travel an entire mile with these guys walking around all day?

I head to the corner of the building and peek around, only to jerk my head back. From the glance that I got, I can tell that there are about two men walking up and down the street, and there is a black metal barred gate blocking the entrance to the alleyway but the door is open, yet there is a man standing in the doorway with his back to me.

I can't take him out without the other guys seeing. I really wish I had a bow so I could do it from far away. I need to find one somewhere, or see if Collin has one.

I glance around the corner again and see the two guys pass again, so I quickly cross the open alleyway and continue walking behind the next buildings. Looking back around the corner, I see no gate this time.

I watch around the corner and see a white rusted car stranded on the road, it's front facing me. The two guys don't seem to pass behind the car, they just turn around when they get to it. I quickly jog to the car and duck by it's side, keeping my two feet inline with the front tire so they don't see them.

I hold my knife to my chest and listen to them talk, but I can't tell who is saying what.

"You hear about those Tourists?" One asks. I think I'm going to name them One, Two, and Three so I can keep track with who's saying what.

"You mean the one's who landed in a helicopter?" The seconds one scoffs, "Who wouldn't? Where do you think they got that thing?"

"I don't know, but it looks Military assigned. They sure don't look Military though." One reply's.

"Doesn't matter. The bird had nothing in it. I want 'em on the ground, though. Too many Tourists trying to get through all ready." Three say's.

They raided our helicopter, I guess. Great, now we'll have to get that back. I guess I'm considered a Tourist; Not from here and shouldn't be here.

I need to get across the street but I have no clue how I'm going to do this. To the right in the street is three men, and to the left is four men far down the street. I don't think they'll notice me, they're too far away.

How do I get these guys to leave their post? I look around and notice an empty tin soda can laying on the ground. I pick it up and look at the small shops to the right of the white car and I get an idea.