Chapter 15: Little Sister

(Author's Note: I'd like to give a special thanks to sammy300000 for giving me an awesome idea for this chapter and for the future chapter after it. Thank you! Fair warning, I have no experience in medical treatment. So, I'm going to do the best I can :).. And sorry I haven't updated in a while, had exams all last week:p -Bri*

-----Jax's POV-----

"What happened?! Where's Britt?" Collin yells as he see's me run into the lodge, through the front door.

I re-adjust Keith on my shoulder so he doesn't fall, causing him to groan, and head up the stairs. I push the door open to the same room that I kept Brittany in and put him on a hard metal table, taking my weapons off. Collin and Dylan come running in and Talon slowly paces the room in stress.

And to think I'm left to babysit. I roll my eyes, this isn't the time to complain.

I rip Keith's shirt off in order to not harm the wound farther trying to shimmy it off and examine his blood stained chest. I then notice a second wound in his right upper thigh. I need to focus on the most lethal one, though. Luckily the bullet is in the right side of his chest, meaning it's nowhere near his heart, but it is near his lung.

I grab his jaw and force his mouth open, no blood. I try to listen to his breathing, but Collin and Dylan are rambling so much that I can't hear.

"Hey! Shut up!" I yell. Everyone quiets down and Talon just ignores me, continuing to quietly pace, the wheels turning in his head.

I listen again and don't hear any gurgling. Good, it shouldn't have gotten his lung. If anything were to kill him, it would be either blood loss or infection.

I grab a bottle of alcohol and use a cloth to rub the blood off from around the wound, and lightly glide it over the bullet hole as well, causing Keith to lurch up and hiss in pain, the biggest reaction I've gotten out of him.

Keith suddenly grabs my arm in a death grip, and groans, "Help her."

"I will, but right now I need to fix you." I reply and yank my hand away, causing him to growl.

"Collin, get me some dental floss, tweezers, and the pain medicine from downstairs." I order to Collin. He stays frozen and stares, hesitating, "Now!" That makes him take off quickly.

Talon is too lost and panicked to help me and I'll only ask when I actually need it.

More blood pumps out of him and his face is slowly turning a sickly white.

"S***!" I growl and push down on the wound, causing Keith to wheeze and grab a hold of the edges of the table. I carefully turn him on his side and see the bullet never went through completely; that's what I thought.

"How high is your pain tolerance, Keith?" I grumble mainly to myself rather than him.

"Here." Collin hands me the material and I grab a piece of leather belt from the small table slightly to the right of Keith. I put it in his mouth and his eyes clinch, knowing what's going to happen next.

-----Brittany's POV-----

I feel my fingers twitch in anger. I'll kill Cody. My heart lurches when I remember Keith's pained and bloody face. Cody still sits next to me in the car; we've been in it for about fifteen minutes.

I feel for Kira and a smile barely touches my lips when I feel her presence. The next step, my strength. I just hope Cody doesn't have anything to repel her with him at the moment. One more hour, that's all I need.