Chapter 9: Hades

Chapter 9: Hades

(Picture of Britt's Wolf above. If the picture is not visible, please let me know.)

Brittany's POV:

Talon groans once again and I apologize. Once again. I'm trying to help him down the stairs so we can all be in the living room when Collin elaborates on this project thing. Once we reach the bottom of the stairs, Keith takes one look at Talon and shows no interest.

Ashton however is nice enough to take him from me and help him the rest of the way to the navy blue couch.

We all find a seat and I sit on Talon's good side, making sure to check on him. Sawyer is standing by the window with a hunting rifle for precaution.

"Okay, tell us about it." I tell Collin.

Dylan takes a seat next to Collin and messes with his knife.

"Well, I guess I'll tell you what my dad told me, 'cause like I said, Dylan and I were born into it. There was a rumor that was started by the Soldiers. They said an army was rising up in Israel to help the U.S. Soldiers fight. I don't remember what name they went by. Later as years went on, they raised up and created their own government ran by a man named Caleb Slater.

"He had some huge press conference or whatever and announced that a war was rising up, and anyone who wished to survive, would join him. Before anyone could question him, he was out of state and had disappeared. Three days later and people started going crazy and biting other people. Then these creatures started showing up. Mr. Slater sent warbirds and Navy ships to rescue as many people, mainly the higher ups, as he could. Anyone who agreed to join him, he would inoculate from the virus and place them on his crew. Anyone who wouldn't, he sent back to the Wastelands. That's what we call the outside.

"He said that this would solve the worlds wars. If there's no one to challenge him, then there's no war. He could start new, raise a new city, make himself the king. He didn't say that part, but it's not hard to miss his intentions. He called it Project Terminar. My dad always said he thought Mr. Slater was brewing up something else too, but he never knew what. He scared the people into following him." Colin finishes.

"Where is his base at?" Talon asks.

"In the UK. London, I think." He replies.

"Great," I mumble, "How are we supposed to cross the ocean?"

"Who said we were?" Ashton challenges.

"What? Are you telling me you want to stay?" I ask, completely bewildered.

"What? Are you telling me you want to confront the wackjob who started this whole thing and face an army while there's only eleven of us? Minus the boys?" He snaps.

"What do you want to do? Live in this place for the rest of your life? We can't just let this keep going!" I growl and stand up.

"Thanks for dreaming big Brittany, but there's nothing we can do but try to survive! I'm not going to let something happen to you!" He snarls.

"Okay, you listen to me you-" I get interrupted when Sawyer say's, "We got a problem."

I go over to the window, shoving past Ashton, only to see two Wolves walking with Sir Smiles-A-Lot in the middle of them.

Suddenly something grabs my arm and I jump, but relax when I see it's Talon wrapping a cloth around my tracker. I thought.. Oh yeah, I had to shed my jacket. Oh man, I hope the Rouge didn't notice it when we got to the house.

Talon limps over to the dining table and takes a bow of his own.

I jump when I hear a knock at the door. Not banging, but a simple knock. Keith takes a pistol and goes over to the door and just listens.