Chapter Five : Marry Me Or Cry Forever

{EDITED}

Next morning, as expected the old man along with his daughter arrived at the castle. They were led to the sole throne room and waves of nervousness were washing over her no matter how much she tried to compose herself. She glanced around her. The old butler gave her a weak smile as if she was a poor animal to be slaughtered. Her father gave her hand an assuring squeeze and she took a deep breath.

What choice did she have?

The butler knocked gently at the huge door and walked in peeking through. A brief moment of silence and tension in the air. She looked down her dress, a plain peach floral dress. She was never fancy and never liked to be. Straightening the skirt she gulped a lump forming in her throat. 'I wish this is all over..' She thought as the butler was back and ministers and other council members walked out of the door with grim expressions.

Mr. Aldrick gestured her to enter but stopped her father as he took a step further with his daughter stating, the King only wants to see her. She took small steps and entered the large hall while she heard the door closing behind her making her heart jump to her throat, nevertheless composing herself and taking a deep breathe she looked forward and walked.

There, he sat with the scepture in his hand with head of a golden wolf sculpted at its top with eyes made of ruby. His face was partly hidden behind the shadows, when she took another step forward he shifted slightly and his eyes glowed with an incredible spark of want. His whole form emitted vibes- powerful, intimidating and dangerous.

She had met him earlier. He was handsome. Like a devil, the intimating one with dangerous charisma.

She stepped till she was just before him, greeted him politely and bowed in respect making him smirk to himself.

"I think the matter is clear to you." He said in his deep, hoarse voice.

She nodded not believing her voice.

"Do you have any objection with the deal?" He asked.

Her lips parted slightly and her gaze dropped to the floor. Objection? No, she had a clear rejection. She never wanted it. No bird wants to be chained down in a golden cage.

"I-I know the matter very well, majesty ... but I-I don't think I am ready for this..." Her voice faltered and she glanced up at him. His mouth twitched at the reply, "That implies that you are denying." He spoke calmly.

"N-No..I mean yes..." She stammered again. She could not even trust her voice or behaviour anymore.

He nodded curtly and spoke, "Fine then. Your decision would solely affect your family. If you want your parents to drown in debts and end up becoming a miserable slave. Or you can give them a better life. The choice is yours, otherwise, you are wasting my time as well as yours." He played with words to pull her sensitive spots.

There was a strange silence and he stood up. "I take it as a no." He finally broke the silence and walked past her but then she muttered softly, "No please wait...I am ready. I agree." He was sharp to catch it as he turned around to look at her, tilting his head slightly. "Repeat." He ordered.

"I agree...your grace." She said and he gave her a small smile, his eyes sparked again.

"Good for you. Our marriage ceremonies shall be carried out soon." He walked out of the room and left her alone with a single tear escaping her eyes.

That evening, rich gifts were sent to the Collins' house. Jewellery, gold, various other assortments. Which included a pure white satin wedding gown with heart shaped bodice and skirt arranged in layers. The gown was decorated with blue sapphire stones and deep blue sequences. Matching diamond necklace was also gifted along with the dress.

None of this made her happy. She was never materialistic, she never wanted to be a part of this but did not want to upset her old parents as well. Later that evening she met all her friends and her parents gifted her a small blue pendant attached to a silver chain they had been saving for their only daughter's big day.

Every thing around her seemed to be discomforting though it was to comfort her.

That night she couldn't sleep knowing tomorrow she will be giving herself to him. Forever and ever.

Her old mother knew her feelings, she did her best to comfort her reminding the happy childhood moments they shared. She gently stroke Rose's hair as she laid on the bed with her head on her mother's lap. Call it sadness, exhaustion or her mother's soothing, sleep overcame her and she escaped into a dreamless dark world.

Next morning, the beautiful sunshine along with her parents' cooing woke her up. Her eyes fluttered up and she rubbed her eyes sitting up like a small child. Her mother gave her a kiss on forehead and muttered sweet words in her ear. She tried disguising her sadness with a weak smile. The couple presented her a small rose bouquet and left her to take her time and get ready for the big day.

Maids from the royal palace entered her room and gave her a bath, exfoliating her already fair and soft skin making it radiate even more. She was made to wear the gown and her hair was brushed . Make up was applied and the necklace was clasped shut. The soft black hair cascaded down her shoulders to her waist. It was styled at the front and a veil was put on her hair mounted by a sparkly tiara. The maids left her giving her sometime.

She saw herself in the mirror. She looked like a beautiful doll nevertheless sad.

"Why me....." She whispered, her voice trembled to break.

"He won't even spare me for a single mistake..."

****