Chapter Forty Two : Lost

[UnEDITED]

******

She winced at the feel of the cold fingers on her forehead that throbbed with a dull ache.

The environment felt exceptionally cold and she hugged herself close. Her eyes didn't open no matter how much she tried, all she saw was black.

The pain induced a sudden urge in her to cry out but she couldn't even do that as if she didn't have the capacity to and someone had been draining her energy out.

Her soft breaths had turned into heavy pantings and her body temperature rose abnormally like she had a fever. She did her best to move her muscles but her system failed to respond and her body was out of the control of her mind.

For a second it felt unbearable as if a dark force was slowly trying to drag her life out in the most painful way, she couldn't think straight and only thoughts streamed in her brain were about him... leaving her.

"Don't worry, darling. Just a little more time."

A vile voice resonated in her ears and she already loathed it.

*****

Karen's POV :

"Have you seen Rose?" I passed the guards and entered Nigel' room who walked around, half clad. I had been searching for her since morning to have breakfast but she is no where to be found.

"There is a word called privacy. " Nigel shot a glare as he buttoned up his white shirt.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and picked up a pink handkerchief that laid carelessly on the floor.

"Nigel no matter how weird, notorious and dumb you are, I will still accept you even if you change your thoughts on your sexuality." I teased him to which he responded my quickly grabbing the pink cloth out of my hand.

"I am not effeminate." Nigel asserted.

I wiggled my eyebrows, "Okay. But if you ever wish to-"

"Shut up and shoo away." He flicked his finger on my forehead and made a slow groan.

"By the way, have you seen Rose?"

"Ask Henry." He placed both of his hands on my back and pushed me out.

"But he is not here." Whining, I held his hand and twirled around.

"Then I don't know. She might be in her room." He drawled and began shutting the door.

Placing a foot in between the door and the frame, I spoke again, "She isn't."

"Garden." He snapped and pulled the door but I continue pushing it open.

"Nope."

Upon hearing that Rose was not even in the gardens, he stopped pulling the door and opened it wide with a questioning expression.

"Where did she go then?"

"That's what I am trying to ask." I flayed my arms with an eye roll.

Nigel stepped out of his chambers and ordered for the guards.

"Căutați grădinile." He gestured five guards to the gardens and send the others in the all four directions of the castle.

"I will go check the gallery." I excused myself and rushed to the artwork chambers.

It was strange to find her missing all of a sudden and moreover she is a human being in the world of blood thirsty vampires. A little scratch on her and there would be bloodshed everywhere once Henry gets to know.