Chapter 16. Tension.

**

I'm itching to get to book 2!!!! Almost done with book 1 wow! Four more chaptersss!

**

Izzy’s POV

Time no longer existed for me. It seemed like every second was an hour, every minute a day, every hour a week, every day a month. After Jace and I’s conversation last night I was still a little on edge. Even though Jace was insistent that I wasn’t pregnant, I couldn’t help but be afraid. Now to top it all off, I ruined any chance of the tunnel plan ever working. Now that Mark was shot, Jace had to help Jake get firewood when it ran low. Mark just sat in his flippin’ chair, staring at me. I wanted so bad to claw his eyes out. Jake had just taken Jace outside to help him chop wood. I sat alone in the corner, trying to ignore Mark, but like I said Mark wasn’t easy to ignore.

I kept looking out the window. I watched Jace and Jake cut firewood. The muscles in Jace’s back tightened as he swung the axe down. I smiled. Mark saw it.

“What ya thinkin’ about Spitfire?” He asked. I ignored him and just stared at the wall. I hated that stupid nickname.

“Answer me,” He demanded.

“Absolutely nothing asshole,” I hissed.

Mark laughed. “Now, would you’re daddy like it if he heard you swearin' like that?”

“Would your daddy like it if he heard you raped a 16 year old girl?” I countered. My dad would kill me if he heard me swearing, but I wasn’t going to give Mark the satisfaction of knowing that.

“Yes,” He laughed. My head snapped back in shock. Was he serious? Would his father really not care? “You see my daddy is in jail. He’s a pedophile.”

“Well that explains a lot.” I whispered.

“I’m not like him, though.” Mark said.

I snorted. “Like hell you’re not like him.”

“You’re walking on dangerous ground Spitfire; I would shut up if I were you.” He warned.

“Like I’m going to listen to you?” I snapped.

Shut up you idiot before you get yourself killed! My subconscious screamed at me. It was probably right, but I didn’t care. I was going to die anyway.

“You should really watch what you say,” He growled.

“Why did I offend you?” I asked with mock concern. His eyes grew dark and angry.

Way to go idiot, you pissed him off.

“I can’t wait till we kill you. You wanna know how we’re gonna do it?” Mark asked. He didn’t wait for my reply before he launched into his story.

“First we’re going to shoot you, but not fatally. Then we’re going to drive you miles away from here. By the time we get to the ditch we’re going to dump you in you’ll be in so much pain you’ll be begging us to kill you.” He stopped his story. He came down beside me. He knelt down and grabbed my arm. He turned the inside of my arm up.

“Then I’ll take a knife a cut from here,” He ran his hand from the top of my arm down to wrist. “To here on both arms.” A shiver ran through my body as his fingers trailed my arm.

He laughed and continued. “Next I’ll do the same thing on your legs. Then to your body.” He reached a hand towards me. I crawled backwards. He laughed.

“After that you’ll be so close to death you won’t be able to scream. Then we’ll scar that beautiful face of yours all up. Then we’ll cut your face into a smile.” He smiled a large devious smile.