Chapter 9: Secrets (Part 2)

Gabe left the room after that, I didn't blame him though. If I could move away from Grayson's intense stare, I would. But everytime I looked away I'd end up looking right back.

"You're staying at my place tonight." He stated.

"No, I'm going home." I reply.

"No you aren't."

"Yes I am."

"No you aren't"

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Yes."

"No." 

"Good, it's settled. Once Bianca checks and your good we'll go to my house, my mom won't mind." He said.

"I didn't mean to say that." I scowled. "You tricked me."

"And it worked. Now let me see your forehead." He smirked as he moved my hand out of the way. I looked up at him through my eyelashes, he observed my face with his eyebrows furrowed. I felt his finger tap against my forehead a couple of times before pulling away.  "Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark.. you should probably wash off the rest of that make up though." He shrugged.

I nodded and walked over to the sink and started rinsing off my face. Grayson handed me a blue towel and I dryed my face with it before turning toward him. He stared at me for a second before he grabbed my face with both of his hands. "What the hell is this? And that?" He nearly yelled as he pointed to spots on my face making me wince.

Clearly, I forgot I had a few bruises hidden underneath my make up. I was such an idiot. I always make sure I cover up, and I just screwed up. I pushed him off me, and turned away from him looking at the counter. "Gabe!" I hear him call out.

Gabe came back into the kitchen with a questioning look on his face. I stared down at the floor. "Look." He stopped, as he yanked me to him and lifted my head up making me look at Gabe, who's mouth dropped. "At this."

"Wow make me feel anymore insecure please." I groaned. "It's bad enough you guys saw what happened. By the way, can you not tell anyone at school? I kind of have a reputation to keep."

Gabe stares at me for a second before stepping toward me. "Is that why you got so defensive that day we said we don't associate with people like you, or when we mentioned that we don't like people who live... lives like you?" Gabe questions. "It's because you don't isn't it? And that's why you're always smiling. You're trying to be someone you're not."

Fuck.

"Honestly Gabe? You're thinking far to into this. I don't want you mentioning anything because if word gets out that my dad and his friend did this to me, then bye bye money and bye bye daddy's job." I lied. "I won't be allowed to get a new car, I mean it's 2016 I can get any sweet ride I want. So don't ruin it for me, got it?" I threaten.

Gabe snickers as he rolls his eyes. "This is nonsense. Stop trying to lie to us of all people. It won't work."

"I'm not lying to you alright? I'm just saying when my dad is sober my life will be back to normal alright?" I replied.

Before either of then could reply, Gabe's mother entered the kitchen and came straight over to me. "Okay now, let's see." She said as she touched my face. "Hold on.... what happened? Those weren't there before."

I sighed, and moved away from her. "I'm fine. I actually think I'm just going to head on home my father's probably waiting for me."

"No you aren't." Grayson intervened. "She's coming to my place for the night." He said shifting his gaze to Bianca, Gabe's mother.