Chapter 19: the truth

By the time our lunch block started, Gabe had eaten all of the remaining pizzas and even made a couple of sophomores buy drinks for us.

The power he has over people in this school scares me sometimes. Even I can't get people to give me free drinks or even hand me over there lunch.

Well then again, I've never tried doing that before because I find it selfish. Clearly, Gabe didn't though.

Anyways I forced the two of them to get up and come sit at the table where my other friends sit at everyday. At first they argued with me and told me how they'd rather be hit with a bus than go anywhere near that table. Gabe even had the nerve to say the table was infested with STD's.

It got worse though because after I reminded him I sat at that table all he did was laugh and tell me how I was the one who spread them.

He deserved a slap for that, and slap was what he got.

After a lot of arguing though, the two of them are indeed sitting on either side of me at the table as we await for my dear friends to show up.

Brett was the first one to show up, he sat down across from us, and looked over at me. "So what's up with Parker and Ramirez being here?" He asked me.

"I need them here." I answered shortly, not wanting to get into discussion about why they were here at the table. Brett nodded, deciding not to push any further.

When everyone was seated at the table, that's when I asked them where the hell they were.

"They didn't let us take them out of class. When we came back to tell you, you were gone. Now I see you're with them and I'm not suprised." Lindsay responded.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" Gabe cuts in, glaring at her.

"Yo Ramirez. Chill man. My girl doesn't mean it like that." Brett said.

"Fine. Well can I speak now?" I asked.

"Yeah go ahead." Austin replied as he looked over at me. I smiled at him for a second and looked over at Grayson. He nodded at me to continue so I started with what I needed to get off my chest already.

"For starters, what I'm about to say is about to shock all of you. Before I say anything I need you guys to promise me that after I finish none of you will try and do something that can land me somewhere I don't want to be." I explained.

After they all promised not to, I continued. "Rememeber all those times I said I was bonding with my dad? Or I was hanging out with my dad when you wanted to go out somewhere?" I asked them.

"Yeah, what about it?" Caleb asked taking a sip of his juice.

I sighed, "It was a lie. I was just covering up for the fact that he wasn't going to let me. My dad, he's a heroine addict." I stated. I looked around at all of their faces and immediatly felt my heart shatter. Each and every one of them had their mouth's wide open as if they couldn't believe.

"Stop looking at her like that, would you. It's already hard enough she's telling you. Just please don't look at her like that. Alexis doesn't deserve that." I heard Grayson pipe up.

"Wait, you know about her dad?" Dean asked. I looked at him only to see his face was hard. He was angry.

Grayson nodded. "Of course I did, we both knew." He told Dean as he pointed from him to Gabe.

"Why do you know?" Caleb growls. "Why do they know and we're just now finding out?"

I sighed and put my head in my hands. This was not how I wanted this to go.