chapter 26

***attic door**

[10k's POV]

we stared at each other and I found my self slowly leaning closer in. she leaned in to and when we where centimeters away, our noses almost touching, she pulled away.... Doc came around the corner and smiled at us.

"let's have a look at that ankle," he said.

[Megan's POV]

a couple gun shots went off and I jumped turning around in the truck. Vasquez was holding his rifle up at us and Warren and them had their hands up. I watched 10k slowly reaching for his gun but I nodded my head no. I didnt  want anybody having to get shot.

"nobody be stupid and no one gets hurt," he said loudly.

"what are you doing?" I asked him.

"I've been following you guys for quite a while... I've been waiting to jump and when I seen you take off into the woods I thought man! what a perfect opportunity!" he laughed at me.

"ok... what do you want," Warren asked.

"the truck... and the Murphy," he said.

"that's not happening," Warren stood up.

he held his riffle at her and slowly made his way around the truck.

"get out," he yelled at me and 10k in the bed.

Doc took my hands and slid me out and 10k jumped out looking at his feet. Vasquez got in the truck with the keys and Murphy already in it and took off fast down the road.

"shit!" Warren yelled watching her truck leave.

I stayed quiet as I balanced myself on Doc's shoulder. he used me...

"let's go," Addy said.

we grabbed our things and started walking down the road the direction the truck had went.

>>>a few days later<<<

I knocked hard on the wooden door and waited hearing a growl on the other side. I motioned 10k to open the door as I held tightly on my machete. he open it and a zombie came flying out and I swung its head coming clean off. man I love this thing... I entered the 2 story house and looked around.

"clear," I said over my shoulder.

the whole group came in and shut and locked the front door.

"I'll check up stairs," 10k said leaving.

Addy finished checking the bottom story and I sat down on the couch and rubbed my ankle. I could walk on it but it was still sore all the time. we had been walking down that road for almost 3 days looking for Murphy... we came across this house on the side of the road so we decided to stay the night here.

"up stairs is clear," 10k said coming back down.

he passed me on the couch and walked into the kitchen and laid his bag down and started to take inventory. I sighed as he continued to ignore me. ever since we almost kissed... he's been avoiding me, answering anybody with one word answers. the whole group knows there's something going on between him and I they just don't know what.

I laid down completely on the couch couch and laid my arm over my eyes.

"I like her idea," Warren said.

"there's 3 rooms upstairs," 10k said.

"me and Addy can share, looks like Megan has the couch, and you and Doc can have the other two rooms," Warren said.