chapter 49

***Dean and his baby***

[10k's POV]

"you know their probably dead?" Murphy said behind me.

I ignored his stupid comment and continued down the road.

"you know, you and me should just go find a place and-"

I cut him off and pinned him against a tree with my arm under his throat.

"I just left Megan behind to get your sorry ass here! and I still never told her that I loved her..." I told him.

Murphy just looked me in the eyes and said nothing. it's been 2 days since we've left and they've been the hardest 2 days of the entire apocalypse.

[Megan's POV]

I stared blankly up at the ceiling why I laid on the couch. I played with the necklace around my neck, it was the same necklace that 10k had given me with the wolf tooth on it. it's been 2 days... there's been no change in the amount of Z's around the walls.

somebody knocked on the door and I turned my head and just yelled that it was open. Dean poked his head in and soon our eyes locked on each other.

"hey..." he said. 

"hi," I slightly smiled.

"how are you?" he asked coming inside.

"awful," I sighed.

"that's kinda why I'm here, I'm heading out on a quick run won't take any longer then a few hours. thought maybe it would take your mind off things?" he asked me.

I weighed out the pros and cons in my head and sadly couldn't come up with enough cons to stay so I nodded my head and pulled myself off the couch. I pulled on my black leather jacket and grabbed my bow and swung my quiver around my chest.

I was surprised when Dean said we where taking his car, I didn't think the old thing even ran anymore? he opened the car door for me and I slid in, he got in the other side and turned the key in the ignition and the car roared to life. the biggest smile stretched across Dean's face and he rubbed the steering wheel and looked at me.

"would you listen to her purr!" he smiled.

I lightly chuckled and soon we where moving and outside the gates speeding down the road.

"so where we headed?" I asked.

"there's an old gun shop out of town that might still have some good pickings in it," he told me.

I nodded and we drove in silence the rest of the way there. it was easily a 45 minute drive to get to this so called gun shop but when we did finally get there the place was a lot smaller then I thought it would be. I got out of the car and held my bow tightly as we walked to the door. I gave the door and couple knocks and Dean awkwardly looked at me but I rolled my eyes and waited. soon something started scratching on the other side of the door and Dean nodded at me as I opened the door and stepped aside as a Z came tumbling out. Dean stabbed it with his knife and let it fall to the ground.

"not bad," I smirked at him.

"I do try to be impressive," he smirked back.

we headed in and the small store was in ok shape. some of the shelves where broken on the floor and glass cases where smashed open. empty ammo boxes laid on the ground and cabinets where left open.

"grab anything worth grabbing," Dean shrugged.

I walked behind the counter and searched threw the shattered glass everywhere and opened a couple drawers that maybe people would of missed. in the first drawer I found some shotgun shells and a few magazines but that was it. in the next drawer I found some 9mm bullets and grabbed them putting them in my bag.

"find anything?" I asked Dean from across the room.

"not much, you?" he said.

"some shotgun and 9mm bullets," I shrugged.

he nodded and we decided to cut our losses and head back to the town. we headed out the front door of the shop making the little bell go off and a Z that had been across the road turned its head and came charging at us. I sighed pulling the arrow I had preloaded onto my bow back and killing the Z as it was maybe 10ft away.

"cutting it a bit close?" Dean looked at me.

"I killed it didn't I?" I joked ripping my arrow from the Z.

we loaded into the car and headed back, about 30 minutes in I broke the silence and asked a question.

"so your brother, what's he like?" I asked.

"Sammy? well for one he's as stubborn as I am," he chuckled.

"how did you guys get separated?" I asked.

"it wasn't to long ago, we where on a run and got split up from a group of Z's. we said we'd meet back at the town and I had gotten there first and let's just say I'm still waiting for him..." he shrugged.

"that's terrible-"

I was rudely cut off when Dean slammed his brakes and lucky for me I still use a seat belt.

"what the hell?" I said catching my breath.

Deans eyes where fixed on something so I looked at whatever made him nearly break my neck.

"no..." I muttered getting out of the car.

we where stopped down the road from the town and could see that the front gate was busted open. Z's stormed inside the gates and you could here gun shots and screaming in the distance.

"we have to help them," I said about to take off.

"that's suicide!" Dean yelled.

"there's kids in there!" I argued.

the bushes on the side of the road started moving and I raised my bow and watched two figures come stumbling out. I almost let the string go before recognizing who it was.

"Red? Preston?" I muttered.

"Megan my god!" Red said hugging me.

"what happened?" Dean asked.

"the bandits busted threw the gates and stole all our guns and all the gun shots brought in all the Z's," Preston answered.

"we where on the wall when the trucks rammed the gate and we fell off. Z's chased us this way," Red added.

"come on, we should go," Dean said getting in the car.

I didn't argue do matter how much I wanted to. it was just to late. we all got in the car and spun it around heading down the road away from what had been my home. so much for never having to live out here again. I guess it always has its way of pulling you back in just when you thought you where safe...

hey guys hope you enjoyed! if you did leave a comment for me what you thinks gonna happen!!

>>>don't be a silent reader!<<<
VOTE
COMMENT
AND
FOLLOW:)