Chapter One

So I started writing this a long while ago, March 2016. So warning please. The first couple chapters are sorta bleh but I promise you it gets better!

Give it a chance. Please. Thank you!

His eyes turn black as he shifts, changing into his black wolf; a thirst for vengeance on his lips.

"Leroy calm down please." Olivia, my brother's 'mate' pleaded.

Olivia went close to him and I knew in my heart that she was making a huge mistake, her going next to my brother in his wolf form was a bad idea. My brother may love her but his wolf certainly doesn't.

As if on cue, my brother's wolf strikes her. I watch her fly a few feet from where she previously was due to the impact. She lands with a heavy thud. My mother run's to her side and I just stare at her, trying to pretend I didn't think she deserved it.

"Leroy!" I yell "Calm down!" I say sternly. His black eyes hit my grey ones strongly. He growls at me in surrender and then goes inside.

Leroy comes back a few minutes later and I see that he is back in his human form and in his clothes. The previously torn garments only but a memory.

He comes next to me and I realise that he may be in his human form but his wolf is still in control. Very much so at that.

"They insulted us! Threatened us! Rena we need to put them in their place!" Leroy growls at me in an angry tone.

"And you believe that going into their territory and threatening their Alpha is the best solution?" I say in finality. I wasn't going to let Leroy start a full on war with the Keystone Pack on account of his impulsiveness.

"I want to put them in their place!"

"Last time I checked father is still Alpha here!" I look him dead in the eyes "And I can still beat you up." I look over at Olivia's scarred face, claw marks running from her eyebrow down to her chin before looking back at my brother and saying "I dare you to defy me!"

We stay eyes locked for nearly a minute. Leroy may be the next Alpha after father and my big brother but he knew he didn't stand a chance against me. The last time we fought, he almost became my first prey. That was four years ago when I was still getting used to Scarletta so I guess he wouldn't like to brawl me now that my strength is at it's very peak. No body ever wants to especially my brother who still wears that scar under his left eye of my claws, my ruthlessness.

He breaks the gaze and goes back inside, walking past Olivia and completely ignoring her existence. She looks at him in a sad way probably realising that my brother's wolf will never accept her much less love her. One day my brother and I will duel but I know that, that day is not today.

My mother helps Olivia inside and then I turn around, looking for Beta Asher; my father's Beta.

I go to the pack house and search for him while ignoring all the dazed looks from the other werewolves. The fact is they can't touch me and they know it. My father would kill them. Beta Asher would kill them and I would kill them.

I don't find Beta Asher so I go back to my house. I see my father the minute I walk through the door. He hugs me and I return the hug. I examine his look and realise he's angry. He leads me into his office and motions me to take a seat while he takes the other seat.

"Lorena they're angry." He says to me glumly.

"Keystone Pack?" I ask.

"Yes. I fear that the only thing that can strengthen us, the pack, against Keystone is your marriage."

I look down cautiously.

"I thought you loved Logan? Afterall you two are engaged. An engagement you consented to."

"I do father but..." I trail off.

"But what?"

"I got together with Logan when I was seventeen and fell in love with him then. I believed that he was my mate but when I turned eighteen, I realised he wasn't my mate."

"But that doesn't matter right? You still got engaged to him. You still convinced me that he was the right man for you."

"I did. He is. I'm ready." I make a quick decision in my head that I love Logan and that's all that mattered besides he's going to become Alpha of his pack and then we might unite territories or he could help us strengthen our territory. I loved Logan. I was going to marry Logan. No, I love Logan and am going to marry Logan whether Scarletta likes it or not. I feel her growl within me, obviously not in support of my plans.

"Are you sure Lorena?" He asks me to confirm.

"Yes father." I say in affirmation. "But Father why is Keystone Pack angry anyway?" He doesn't answer me.

"Lorena, you can leave." I get up to leave and see Beta Asher at the door. He smiles warmly at me and then goes in to speak with my father.

I leave the house and decide to go to my spot, my tree, my special place.

"You need to learn to stop making decisions on your own!" Scarletta says within me obviously angry about my plans to marry someone that isn't her mate. Whoever her mate is.

"Goodbye Scarletta!" I say within myself and shut her out, cutting off communication. She'll be back....eventually. Scarletta's feisty, her anger is like her name: scarlet.

I sit underneath my tree and think; mainly about Logan. No one knows me more than him, not even my family. I love him and although Scarletta is hesitant to tie the knot, I'm not. I was thinking about him when I fell asleep.

I awake to the feel of eyes on me and hands in my hands and I don't need to open my eyes to know that it's Logan but I open them anyway. The minute I do and my eyes hit his, his lips meet mine. I kiss him back and then he moves closer. Scarletta's growls force me to break off from the kiss.

"I knew I would find you here." He says putting his arm around mine.

"You always do don't you?"

"Of course I do, I love you!" He says gently tapping my nose and planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Don't you have future Alpha duties to be attending to or something?" I say remembering he is a busy person.

"Yes, that's why I'm here. Your father called me."

"What about?" I ask. It's most likely irrelevant.

"Well to finalize the wedding date." I expected nothing less from my father after our conversation earlier.

"And?" I pick up a flower and start plucking off the petals.

My final petal is plucked when I hear Logan say "It's in three days. You'll be mine in three days."

********************************
Hi guys, if you enjoyed the chapter please vote at the bottom. Also, feel free to comment. Thank you!!!

Thank you for reading this far.