~~ SEVEN ~~

Thank goodness for being a clumsy human. 

Trees rained down around me, cut in half by the knight's attack. One particularly large branch was laying across my legs; I struggled to scramble out from underneath, but only budged slightly. Huffing, I looked around for the others. 

The bar owner was kneeling over Elizabeth, who was laid out flat on the ground. I prayed that she wasn't dead. Hawk seemed alright, besides the stick stuck in his back. He was crying big fat tears and when the bar owner turned to ask him a question, he bolted off, crying "Mommy!"

"Pig?" the knight said, so close to me that I held my breath. Tilting my head slightly, I could see the tips of his boots a good ten metres away. "No matter." His attention focused on Elizabeth and I took that as my chance to dig myself out. 

"Elizabeth?" I heard the owner say. I looked up, still digging, and watched as Elizabeth began to walk towards the knight. "What are you doing?"

"There's no escape," she whispered. 

"Wait, hang on. You just said you couldn't afford to be caught or give up." 

"Maybe if I surrender myself peacefully, he'll agree to take me back with him, and your lives," she glanced at me, "can be spared." 

"No, Elizabeth, don't," I pleaded, frantic now to escape my trap. I knew what would happen if she went with him. 

I shifted my hips as hard as I could to each side, dragging myself forward in inches. My eyes darted to the knight, who had begun to lift his sword again. I didn't know if any of us would be able to survive an attack like that again. 

He sliced it upwards, carving the ground between him and Elizabeth up, the tangible form of power and air headed straight for her. The bar owner jumped in and saved her, just in the nick of time. 

Dragging myself to freedom, I crouched onto my knees, wary

Dragging myself to freedom, I crouched onto my knees, wary. What could I do that would help us? My eyes spied a large rock, the size of my fist, and I grinned with pleasure. Balancing it in the palm of my hand, I brought my arm back. I had never thrown something before but I guessed it wouldn't have to be too hard. My tongue poking out from my mouth, I put as much force as possible into the throw and launched it at the knight's head. 

It clipped the back of his head, making him jerk around to look at me. His eyes narrowed and he raised his sword again. 

Oh sticks. 

I dove out of the way, his attack slicing up the ground where I had just been standing. He launched another attack at me, slicing down before my running figure and I was forced to grind my heels into the ground. My feet got tangled and I went sailing forward, tumbling until I felt nothing but air underneath me. 

My hands fumbled against the walls of the chasm created by the attack, before I snagged on a root. Dangling, fear overtook me, and all I could do was scream mentally as panic seized my throat. Both hands onto the root now, my feet scraped against the smooth, stone wall, searching for purchase. Nothing, no foot- holes and no little crevices.