XII. Exposed

Chapter 12: Exposed

~. . . .~

An orginal short story

By TheBirdWhoCannotFly

~. . . .~

Adrian~

With a small groan, I bent down to pick up a red cup that had obviously been stepped on many, many times. All of my energy had vanished, along with my will to be awake. I ached to drop down on my bed and just sleep for the next two years. The house had been completely trashed after the party that lasted, surprisingly, till' almost three AM. Ridiculous, I know. Nothing was permanently broken. It was just really messy. Once about five or six black garbage bags full of shit was sitting in the kitchen, everything was pretty clean. I texted Jay, saying the house was clean and everyone was gone except Jamie and Tony. He replied within a few minutes, saying he'd be home soon.

Eventually, I found myself curled up on the couch, my eyelids drooping. Not saying a word, Jamie plopped down beside me and put his arm behind my head. Looking over to him, I saw his head leaning back on the cushion with his eyes closing. I smiled and leaned closer into him.

"So, did you have fun?" Jamie asked, the tiredness completely noticeable in his voice. I'll be honest and say it wasn't the worst thing that even happened to me. But maybe it would make him happy to know I had a little fun.

"Yeah, actually I did." I smiled and I heard him chuckle.

"You aren't just telling me what I want to hear, are you?" He asked then kissed my head. I mocked a fake-hurt sounding gasp.

"I can't believe you'd think I would do that to you!" I scoffed, but smiled. Jamie gathered me in his arms and kissed my head while my face flushed. It's amazing he can still do that to me.

Tony walked downstairs, carrying a black garbage bag. He groaned loudly and dropped the bag next to the others. Tony smiled suggestively when he saw Jamie cuddling me into his side. My face flushed even more. I was not used to the PDA.

"So, wait, are you guys officially together or something?" Tony asked, looking between us. Jamie laughed lightly.

"We have been for a while." I answered, scratching the back of my neck.

"Shit. Well, I'm happy for you guys. I noticed you two were getting pretty close. But I didn't want to say anything. Felt like I would have been intruding, ya know?" He said, yawning while dropping into a chair across from us. Maybe I could give Tony some more credit. I mean, maybe he isn't as... douchey as he seemed.

"Thank you, Tony. That means a lot." Jamie said and smiled gratefully. I nodded along.

"No problem. Well, I think I'm going to head home. It's pretty late and we all look like zombies. See ya guys later!" Tony said while grabbing his jacket and heading out the door, slamming it behind him.

I let my head flop back down on Jamie's shoulder. My eyes drooped shut and I heard the boy under me sigh.

"Adrian, I should probably be heading home as well." Jamie mumbled while he ran his fingers through my hair. I whined and pushed against him until we were both laying down on the couch.

"Can you please stay?" I grumbled and tightened my arms around him. He chuckled and placed light feather kisses all over my face, making me smile and hide my face into his shoulder. He didn't reply, but just pulled a blanket that was folded on the back of the couch and laying it down over us. I smiled. "Thanks." I yawned again and snuggled more into the blanket and Jamie.

"Goodnight, Love. I'll be here when you wake up."

"I know." And fell right asleep.

~. . . .~