XVI. Road To Recovery

Wow I'm sorry for not updating for so long but if I remember correctly, I started Terrible Things last July or August but either way, Terrible a Things is over a year old and over 1.9 k reads! wowza haha! This is that last chapter and I'm so glad to have had this adventure together. there were so many times I wanted to discontinue this story for lack of ideas and inspiration, but I'm not cruel lmao.

THANK YOU~~

ALSO IM STARTING A NEW STORY CALLED MIND WAVES SO IF YOU LIKED THIS ITS KINDA SIMILAR SO CHECK IT OUT IF YOU WANT OKAY YEAH~~~~~

Chapter 16: Road To Recovery

~. . . .~

An Original Short Story

By. TheBirdWhoCannotFly

~. . . .~

Jamie's POV

It's been a year since Adrian had to disappear from my life. I hadn't heard from him, which was expected. Things have been worse. Amun has been getting restless. It's getting to the point where I physically scream at him to leave me alone. I want him to go away. I barely leave the house unless it's to go to school, and even then I skip sometimes.

My mum has gotten to the point to give up on me. Nothing she's said or tried telling me has gotten through. Without Adrian, things for me spiraled into disaster. Any other people at school that I had conversed never talked to me. No one knew what happened to Adrian and the people who thought knew what happened was that they moved for better job opportunities for Adrian's dad.

Nightmares plagued me day in and day out. All having to do with Adrian. I wasn't sure how much longer I could go on like this.

I was walking home from school, slugging my legs up the street. Someone called my name behind me, trying to get my attention. I turned to see a boy with dark brown eyes and lighter brown hair. I knew him, but I couldn't place the name.

"Hey, man. Can we talk for a minute?" The brunette asked. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. How could I forget his name? Adrian and I used to hang out with him sometimes... "Do you even remember me?"

I shook my head in defeat. There wasn't much these days I did remember. Whether it was to eat or shower, the kidnapping was mostly a blur. Except I remembered every little thing about Adrian. I remember all the times we were together. I forced myself to remember all of that.

"Tony...?" He said, drawing out the word. Right, Tony. I knew him now. He was Adrian's good friend.

"Yeah, sorry. My memory is shit. Anyways, what's up?" I continued walking, expecting he'd follow.

"Where's Adrian?" He said out if no where. I stopped walking and slowly turned around, not able to meet his eyes.

"I told you. He moved." I said hollowly. He sighed and rubbed his forehead in frustration.

"No. I know that. But why? He never said anything to anyone about moving. It wouldn't have happened so suddenly. You seem to forget I was his friend too. I know you and him were really close, but I care about him too. What happened?" Tony kept talking and I wanted to walk away. I wanted to crawl under a rock.

"I can't..." And I started to back away, unaware of what else to do. He grabbed my arm and I flinched heavily. He instantly let go and backed away a bit.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled and I nodded. I started back towards the street. This time, Tony didn't follow.

~

It's been two years since Adrian had to disappear from my life. I still haven't heard from him. I had graduated high school, now that I was eighteen. Adrian would be eighteen too. Amun has been weaker, further into the depths of my mind. My psychiatrist says soon Amun will be gone. He begs me at night to not get rid of him. That I needed him. I didn't. I won't make deals with voices in my head that shouldn't belong there.