Chapter 38....

Semi-edited!

EVERYONE! THE AMAZING @rauhlgarden MADE A TRAILER FOR THIS BOOK!! IT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING AND I AM IN LOVE. THE SONG FITS PERFECTLY AS WELL. SO IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET CLICK ABOVE AND TAKE A LOOK. Also check out her other covers and her books, you won't regret it :) <3 <3 

The song in the trailer is Walk Through The Fire by Zayde Wolf Ft. Ruelle. It is so good! 

I DECIDED TO RE-DO THE ENDING OF THIS CHAPTER! IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ IT THEN SKIP DOWN TO WHEN GAGE AND CARTER START TO FIGHT TO SEE THE NEW ENDING!!! I AM SORRY FOR THE CHANGE BUT READ MY AUTHOR'S NOTE TO FIND OUT WHY! 

Enjoy!!!

Carter's Pov

"No!"

"No!"

"Not this one either." I huffed throwing down yet another outfit. I was starting to get to the end of my closet and I have found nothing suitable to wear.

"Princess it is just my grandma." Gage said. He was laying down on my bed playing on his phone while I freaked out over what to wear. "You've met her before."

"Yeah but we weren't dating then. We are now. I want her to like me!" I reasoned rifling through the rest of the clothes that were hanging up in my closet.

"She already likes you. You can literally show up in a pair of sweats and I don't think she would care."

"Gage! We are going over for dinner I can't look like a slob." He didn't know why this was so important to me.

Yes I have already met his grandmother before but we weren't dating and that was months ago. I really wanted her to like me and see me as someone that isn't going to hurt her grandson. I know they are both really close so I wanted her to know I'm not going to ruin that or hurt her only grandson.

Because of the way I was raised I believe that family is an important thing. That is why Gage meeting my parents was such a big deal. I wanted them to accept him and have him see how much they do mean to me. Now it was my turn. I wanted to be officially introduced to his grandma as his girlfriend.

It sounded so stupid out loud and when I tried to explain it to Gage he seemed confused. But to me it was important. Plus I wanted to ask her if she would like to come over for Thanksgiving in a few weeks. I haven't exactly asked Gage if he wanted to come or not but if he did want to I didn't want to exclude his grandma. I wasn't sure if they already had plans or not but I did promise my mom I would ask them if they wanted to join our family for the holiday.

This was a casual dinner at his grandmother's place but that didn't mean I could just show up looking like a hobo nor could I show up too fancy.

"Princess just wear something warm and you are fine." I could tell Gage was done with me fussing over my outfit. Seeing the time I let out a loud sigh. We needed to leave soon so I better just pick something and get ready. Whatever I chose will just have to do.

"Fine." I huffed as I grabbed the closest thing to me. With the outfit in hand I left my bedroom and headed for the bathroom. Might as well change and do my makeup at the same time. Gage was fine in my room.

I threw on a cream colored sweater that was slightly too big and next slide on a pair of light blue skinny jeans. The sweater was thick enough to keep me warm and casual enough for dinner tonight. I quickly got started on my makeup and kept it light. Not one for huge amounts of makeup anyways.