Flashback

Mila was sat in front of The Joker and Harley once again. They were completely out of their restraints. The Joker was shirtless and only wore his Arkham sweatpants.
His body was still tight and firm, muscular and perfectly adorned with his tattoos.
Harley was in her orange prison jumpsuit. She didn't care much for what she wore where she was but with her flawless porcelain skin, her clothes didn't matter.
She was beautiful.

Mila hadn't spoken a word to them. She had walked in with just the one file she had taken from the adoption agency. She kept studying them. Their features.
Trying to mentally compare who's nose or eyes she had.

Harley tilted her head and smiled at her.
"Well...are we gonna start?" She asked with a hint of happiness in her voice.

Mila shook herself from her thoughts and gave a small smile.
"Uh. Yeah...sorry I'm just trying to process some information I recently stumbled upon." Mila spoke.

She was adamant about telling them but she didn't know how. Would she just say it? Would she call them mom and dad?
Joker wouldn't like that. She knew it. He seemed tough.

Maybe he just didn't like her.

Mila grabbed the folder and placed it in front of them.

"This is the folder I got from the adoption center. I wanted to surprise you with news of your child but as you can tell, the contents shocked me. I can't really say anything further," Mila's voice drifted as she sighed and looked down.

"Our daughter is...dead? Is that it doctor?" The Joker asked annoyed. Harley's smile quickly faded to a frown.

"No! Nothing like that. It's just...just open it." Mila said exasperated.

Before Harley could reach towards it, the Joker took the file and opened it. His eyes scanned the notes, the small letters explaining that dreadful night.
Suddenly he stopped. His breath hitched in his chest.

His eyes grew hard and he looked up at Mila with a sadistic grin.

Harley immediately snatched the file and open it, reading it swiftly. Her eyes widened as tears flowed onto the page. She dropped the file as she stood up, papers being scattered everywhere. She immediately ran to Mila and embraced her, sobbing loudly into her neck.

"I can't believe it! My baby!" She screamed out.
Mila embraced her as well and whispered. "Ssh...let's not arouse suspicion. I have a plan."

The Joker watched and rolled his eyes at Harley's actions.
"Oh come now Harley, do you actually believe what this little attention whore is saying?" He cackled loudly. "For all I know, you could have made this information up. The file could be fake. I've done it a million times!"

Mila looked up at him as Harley kept her hold on her neck, hugging her tightly.

"It's real. I'm not lying." She said.

"Prove it then." He said.

She looked down at her feet, trying to think of a way to prove to him that she was his daughter. But words would not be enough.

Certain actions might help persuade him.
She had an idea. But it would mean risking everything she had worked her whole life for.

"Fine. I will do something to prove it. Something risky. Something that will definitely cost me my job, my home, my freedom." She spoke confidently.

"Hmm? And what might this little something be? Hmmmmm?" He smirked as he looked her dead in the eyes.

"You leave that to me." She said as her gaze hardened.
She had decided to do it. She'd go through with it.