Welcome Ember!

"And where do you think you're going? Hmmmm?" Mila stopped in her tracks as she turned around to face the man who had confronted her. She had a scarf on with large sunglasses and a coat.
Not suspicious at all.

"Um..hey dad! I was actually on my way to pick up a friend," she said coolly.
"A friend?" He stalked slowly towards her, glaring at her. He wasn't buying it.

She hadn't stepped out of the house ever since their rescue and it had been a while.
He looked sternly into her eyes, she could see there was no amusement in them. No happiness at the moment. He was being a stern father, unknowingly.

"Where?" He asked again

"I was going to the airport," she answered.
"Why?" He asked.
When she didn't answer him for a few seconds, he tilted his head. "Hmm?"

"My friend ember is coming today from England and I told her I'd pick her up," she said.
He chuckled. "And did you ask if that was alright? Were you planning on actually going to pick her up? Where would you take her? Would you bring her here?" He asked all this as he circled around her, interrogating her in his own way.

Mila scoffed.
"Look, i see where you're going with this, but did I really need your permission?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yes!" He roared. "You didn't think I'd let you just do whatever you wanted, did you?" He chuckled. "Frost!" The bearded right hand Mila had come to know so well was at his side in just moments.
"Would you be so kind as to take Mila here to the airport? We have a guest arriving," he said with a grin.
Mila glared at him.

Frost smiled and nodded as he took the keys from Mila and started walking towards the door.

The Joker smirked as he watched them leave. Before shutting the door, Mila turned around and saw him looking after them. His smile was gone and in the brief second she studied his face, she sensed concern and pain.

What was that all about.

--

"Sorry...I didn't actually think he would play along as the father figure," Mila mumbled as she looked out the window. Frost chuckled and looked to the girl next to him.

"I never thought he could be the fatherly type, I mean, he's a big time criminal. But he did tell me something the first night we all got to the mansion," Frost said as he smiled at Mila.

"What's that?" She asked as she tilted her head towards him.

"He said when he saw you in action, busting him and your mother out, he felt a different kind of pride. He said it was a feeling that disgusted him because he's the Joker, he doesn't have those lovey dovey emotions. But he knows damn well you've got his genes in ya and he'd give you the world," Frost smirked.

Mila was a little surprised at his words but nonetheless made some effort to process it. Even some of the most ruthless animals would care for their young, it was an instinctual thing, but the Joker was not known for emotions. None for feeling.

And to feel towards her. It made sense.

She smirked inwardly. I'm his baby, of course!

Frost parked the SUV in front of the entrance to the gates and Mila dashed out of it excitedly. They had made perfect time. She darted in and immediately saw a flower vendor to her right. She ran and quickly brought a bouquet and some chocolates to give to her friend as soon as she'd arrive.

She held them tightly as she stood with her clothes covering her completely. Her hood was on over her head and Frost had caught up with her, now standing next to her tall and proud. He had a smile on his face trying to act casual.

"OH MY GOD!!" A girl was heard screaming as she ran towards them.

"EMBY!!" Mila immediately flung to her friend, darting into her arms and embracing her tightly, squeezing the flowers and dropping the chocolates. They stayed like that, embracing one another for a good few minutes. Frost walked to the girls and reached for Ember's bags but as soon as Ember noticed him from the corner of her eye, she let go of Mila and took out her pepper spray.

"STOP! I WILL SPRAY YOU!" She screamed. Mila started laughing and Frost stood there frozen, cocking an eyebrow. He smirked and took her bags regardless. 

"If you really wanna hurt me, try a gun. Pepper spray is delicious," he grinned and walked off with her bags. Mila had taken Ember's hand and started following him.

"Wait, who...what?" Ember looked at Mila confused.

"His name is Jonny Frost. He's my dad's....um...helper." Mila said in a low voice. She quickly looked to Ember before she asked more questions and widened her eyes in warning. Ember shut up and nodded.

Once they were in the car, Mila explained everything to Ember and brought her up to speed with the way things worked in the mansion. 

"So, it's a safer bet for me to get a hotel then," Ember said.

"No! Come on girl, we haven't seen each other in forever! Just stay with us! We have plenty of room and I'm sure my dad wouldn't want me leaving the mansion every single second to spend time with you. Besides, they're kinda looking for me, which explains why I'm wearing this oversized, hooded sweatshirt," Mila sighed.

Ember giggled. "You do look a tad bit drab, darling," she said in her charming english accent.

"Bitch, I hate that I can't get mad at your insults. With your perfect english accent," Mila sighed.

"Oh, you love me! By the way..." Ember said in a lowered voice, "..any boys?" 

"No! None at all. Turns out being a criminal takes a serious toll on dating life," Mila rolled her eyes. "Dry spell. Over three months." 

"No way! No sex?" Ember asked.

"None." Mila sighed.

"We'll change that soon," Ember winked. "We gotta get dressed up nice and hit the clubs!"

"That's gonna be a little hard to do with my dad," Mila said with a frown.

"Oh girl, you're no fun! If I had known things were that bad i wouldn't have even come! We'll just have to sneak out now won't we?" Ember winked.

Frost cleared his throat. 

"You don't wanna get on Mister J's bad side." he said, earning a glare from Mila.

"What! I'm just letting ya know kiddo.. believe me, I've seen it all." Frost said.

Mila looked at Ember. "Yeah, he could be ruthless."

Ember sighed. "Fine, we can talk about this later then."