Chapter 15 : Chase Is Insecure

"Stop tapping your fingers," I frowned at Jenny.

She immediately stopped knocking her fingers on the desk. Her face was pale with fear, and she was sweating like anything. I really felt bad for her.

"Chill out, Jenny! It's just a detention," Gabby squeezed her shoulder.

"And there is nothing to fear about. We just have to sit here for half an hour," I gave her a reassuring smile.

She gulped down her saliva, "This is my first detention ever."

"Stop whining like a baby," suddenly, Trystan snapped at her, "This is the third time you are saying that."

I glared at him and squeezed Jenny's hands in order to assure her. She just gave me a nervous smile and, once again, began to tap her fingers on the desk.

I looked around the room. Trystan was staring at the wall, Chase was giving me a stink eye, and Evan was snoring at the last bench. Apart from us, there were two other people in the room.

I frowned looking at Jenny. She was actually at the verge of fainting. A pinch of guilt wrapped me. If Chase and I did not fight in the middle of the class, we would have not got this detention. I think it was my fault.

"It was all your fault," Chase spat, as if he just read my mind.

"Excuse me?" I snorted, "As far as I remember, you were the one who started the fight."

Of course, I was feeling guilty. But Chase doesn't need to know that.

"I did not start anything," he said through gritted teeth.

"Uh, actually you did," Gabby muttered, and Jenny nodded her head in agreement.

I gave him a victory look.

Hah! Take this! Nobody is supporting you.

"Obviously you guys will take her side. She is your friend, after all," he rolled his eyes.

"Even your friends will take my side," I stated, confidently.

He glared at me and then threw a piece of paper at Evan, waking him up in the process.

"Bro, swear on the boxer you borrowed from me today," he asked with seriousness, "do you really think it was my fault?"

Jenny, Gabby and I scrunched our noses. Trystan chuckled slightly and Evan exactly mirrored our expression.

"Dude, these are my boxers which you borrowed a week ago. I just borrowed them back," he said, waving his hands in the air.

"Uh, whatever! It wasn't my fault, right?" Chase asked again. Evan just showed him his middle finger and went back to sleep.

I suppressed a laugh at Chase's expression.

"Trystan, my brooo," he jumped from his seat and went to sit beside Trystan, "At least you are gonna take my side."

Trystan rolled his eyes and pulled Chase through his shirt.

"I am wasting my time on a stupid detention, instead of giving someone a heaven ride. You really think I'll take your side?" he said, leaving the grip of his shirt.

I gave him an annoyed look. Seriously? Even now he is thinking of banging a girl?

"And I really think you were mean to Sam," as soon as Trystan said those words, my eyes went wide.

Trystan Ryder is defending me?

"She deserves it," Chase glared at him.

"No she doesn't," Gabby said sharply. Jenny and I gave her a proud look. This is the first time Gabby has snapped at Chase.