Chapter 23 : Heartbroken

"Uh, wow! You look..." Trystan stopped midway, his eyes wandering over me again and again.

"Like a hobo?" I questioned, my voice hoarse.

He nodded first, but then started shaking his head in denial. I heaved at him and adjusted my glasses that I wore especially for today.

"You don't want to know how mad I was when I realized you've made a fool of me," I pushed him aside and started walking ahead.

"Where is Cady?" I asked as I saw a ravishing car parked outside my house.

Trystan said nothing. He just followed me like a lost puppy, with his mouth wide open.

"What?" I said in annoyance, "Will you say something?"

He again shook his head in a no. I covered my face with my hands and groaned loudly.

"I can't believe you lied to me for a date!" I hissed, "Chivalry died a thousand deaths after meeting you."

"So you dressed up like this.." he pointed at my outfit, "because you decoded my lie?"

"Oh, so you can speak?" I gave him a tight-lipped smile, "Now that we have established this, would you like to give me an explanation?"

"C'mon Sunshine," he pouted, "I just twisted the truth."

"No you didn't," I lashed out at him, "You said our homework submission was due for tomorrow. But tomorrow is Sunday. Clearly, we don't have a school on Sunday."

"I can't believe you are fighting with me over this," he waved his hands in the air, "How does it even matter? I just wanted to take you on a date. So, I lied."

I stared at him in anger, and he stared back. His face was holding annoyance and I knew it was because of my stupid childish behaviour. So, finally I decided to let the matter go.

"I really look like a hobo, right?" I pouted. All the anger vanished from his face as he again examined me from top to the bottom.

"Well, a cute hobo," he winked.

I frowned and looked at my outfit. When I realized Trystan had lied to me about the homework, I decided to embarrass him on our date. So I dressed up in the weirdest way possible. I was wearing a black leather jeans, a black T-Shirt, and a black leather jacket. Oh and not to forget - a black cape. To complete the look, I also wore huge nerd glasses and tied my hair in a messy bun.

All in all, in an attempt to embarrass Trystan, I ended up embarrassing myself.

"I can change if you want me to," I mumbled, and he started laughing at my state.

"It's okay, Samantha," he chuckled, "I, anyway, have a plan."

I looked at him suspiciously. He just smirked and pulled me with him towards his car.

"Sunday is a holiday for Cady. And so, this car," Trystan said, opening the door for me. I rolled my eyes and took my seat. He too adjusted himself and started driving.

I chuckled at my cape. It really made me look like Batman. After a few minutes of ride, Trystan stopped near a general store. I gave him a quizzical look.

"Stay here. I'll be back," he grinned, jumping out of his car.

"If you're going to buy a condom, let me tell you that I am not interested in losing my virginity to you," I shouted. He showed me a middle finger, before disappearing into the store.

I crossed my hands over my shoulder and sat quietly with a frown. It took him five minutes to return. And when he came back, he was holding a white paint and a brush.