Chapter 26 : Trip

"I'm sorry, Sam," Gabby apologized for the fourth time. I glared at her through the rear mirror of my car.

"I think you should talk to Trystan," Jenny said. She was on the passenger seat and I was driving the car.

"And say what?" I asked, bluntly. We were driving to Dylan's place. It was four in the noon and I had to babysit Tiffany. Because Jenny and Gabby were at my home, they decided to come with me too.

"But nobody told me to be quiet," Gabby pouted from the backseat.

I took a deep sigh and finally smiled at her, "It's okay Gabby. I'll deal with Trystan."

"Better," Jenny grinned, while Gabby squealed in happiness, "You know I'm really excited to meet your prince charming."

"He's not my prince charming," I muttered.

"Yeah right," Gabby gave me a knowing look. Annoyed, I pulled out my tongue at them.

Talk about maturity!

Finally, we reached Dylan's home. I parked my car and we all made our way towards his front door.

"Uh, guys! I think I didn't lock my car nicely. Wait a minute," I hesitantly went back to my car, unlocked it and locked it again.

Gabby rolled her eyes, while Jenny gave me a soft smile.

"Done?" Jenny asked me and I nodded. I rang the bell twice and within a minute it was opened by a very happy looking Dylan.

"Sam," he chirped, pulling me inside, "I have tell you so many things."

"Whoa!" I exclaimed, baffled by his excitement, "What happened?"

"You know a new Cafe opened near my work place, a month ago. I have been going there since then. There's this g-" he stopped his rambling, as his attention went behind me, "Uh, who are they?"

"Oh, these are my friends," I grinned, introducing the girls to him, "Gabriella and Jenny."

"Sam was right! You are actually hot," Gabby said, checking him out head to toe.

"Uh, she m-means-" I struggled with my words, and threw a glare at Gabby.

"Oh! I did not know Sam finds me hot," Dylan winked at me, before smiling at Gabby again, "Why thank you, Gabriella."

"Anytime, hot stuff," she gave him her best flirting look.

"Did you know working out also boosts our self confidence?" Jenny adjusted her glasses, drooling over Dylan's body.

Dylan gave her a questioning look. I, on the other hand, slapped my forehead in annoyance. Why are my friends so weird?

"Uh, I meant- hey I'm Jenny," she awkwardly motioned her hand for a handshake.

"Nice meeting you, Jenny?" Dylan accepted the handshake, "By the way, are you like Jenny Jenny or Jennifer Jenny?"

"The former," she grinned, "I know my name always gives a vibe of an abbreviation. But trust me, that's actually my full name."

He laughed at her reply, "It's a pretty name."

"Hey Dylan!" I spoke once the introduction was done, "What were you going to tell me about the cafe?"

"Oh, that," he said, his cheeks turning pink, "I met someone there."

I looked at the way he was blushing and a frown appeared on my face. I did not respond to him for a long time, so he decided to continue.

"It's been more than two weeks since we started talking. She really hates me but I kinda like it that way. You know, I've never met someone like her before. It's different with her. I know I sound all cheesy but-"