Aglophobia

Aglophobia~Fear of Pain

Darcy stood on the harbor, the chilly night air kissed her skin.

Killer Croc stood to her left, Deadshot to her right.

They heard footsteps against the ground and turned to face the three men. One, the leader, in an expensive suit and the other two, his goons, in thug outfits.

"Mr. Corleone," Darcy greeted with a sly grin.

He held out his hands in a welcoming way.

"Ms. Santiago, so glad you could make it. Mr. Moriarty was very pleased with our last deal and hopes we could come to another arrangement."

"Anything for our highest paying customer."

Corleone looked at Deadshot distrustfully as he wiped off his gun with a rag.

"Who are these gentlemen? They've never been present during our negotiations."

"We're the help," Deadshot said, putting his gun away.

Corleone's phone buzzed and he pulled it out of his jacket with a quick 'excuse me'.

He stared at it for a few moments and then looked up in disbelief.

His phone then began to ring.

"You're probably gonna wanna put that on speaker," Deadshot said.

Corleone did as told and Riddlers voice came over the speaker.

"Mr. Carleone, by now you've probably noticed that your bank account has been flushed."

"What is this!" he shouted. His goons reached for their guns, but Deadshot already had his up and Killer Croc was growling.

Darcy grinned and walked forward, her heels clicked against the floor.

"Jim wanted us to inform you he knows that you betrayed him. Giving information to that Holmes character? Tsk, tsk, tsk, naughty, naughty."

Corleone gulped. "He must understand that I had no choice, he would've killed me. Or ruined me!"

"Doesn't matter. We're the guys paid to take people out."

Two gunshots rang out and the goons dropped like stones. Corleone took a step back.

"Please don't kill me!" Corleone begged. Darcy began laughing as Killer Croc handed her a crowbar.

She ran her fingers along it and clicked her tongue.

"Mr. Corleone, our orders weren't to kill you....yet."
• • •
Darcy took deep breaths as she wiped some blood off her cheek.

Corleone lay on the ground. There was blood all over his suit and his bones were contorted in inhuman ways.

Croc walked forward and hauled the man to his feet while Darcy began to whistle, twirling the crowbar between her fingers.

Corleone coughed up blood and looked at them with his eye that wasn't swollen shut.

Darcy placed the bar under his chin and tilted his head up.

"Now, here's what's gonna happen. You're going to die. We're going to cut your body into tiny pieces and send them to your wife. Then we're gonna kidnap your son."

He began to sob.

"Don't you touch them, you bi-"

Croc punched him hard in the gut and he struggled for air.

Deadshot handed her a red bucket as Croc stepped away from Corleone. She dumped its liquid contents on him, bathing him in gasoline.

She pulled out a match and rubbed it across the package. The flame came to life and Darcy smiled.

"Any last words?"

"Go to hell," he spat.

Darcy winked. "You first, sweetheart."

And she dropped the match. It engulfed him like a wildfire, crawling up his legs and body.

"Were you serious about the kid?" Deadshot asked.

"Of course not. He is not responsible for his father's mistakes. But let Corleone, in his last moments be terrified and lose hope," she said. "Thank you for coming gentleman! Moriarty will put money in your accounts."

"Anytime, Dar," Deadshot smiled.

Darcy's phone began to ring and the caller ID popped up as Riddler. Darcy answered it.

"Edward, thank you-"

"I'm afraid Mr. Nygma is indisposed and can't come to the phone at this moment."

Darcy paled and gripped the phone tightly in her fist.

"What do you want?"

"Is that anyway to speak to your father? Nonetheless, I called to tell you I'm back...and I will be coming back to retrieve you, Rosie."

The line went dead.

Darcy clenched her jaw and types in Wayne Manor on her maps.

Ra's Al Ghul was back.