Chapt. 26) The Truth

~Elena's POV~
__________________________
I laid on the hospital bed in pain. Nothing seemed to help this pain go other than Alpha Vincent. Even when Abel touched me...it didn't go away. What was happening to me?

Still not able to move, I looked around at the room I was in. I noticed a large window that looks over the pack grounds. My mind instantly turned to the fight. Panicking I tried to stand but nothing happened.

I need to get out to my pack. I'm the Luna for fucks sake!

Trying to get up again and not succeeding, I heard the doorknob shake meaning someone was about to enter.

As the door opened I saw him. The man that rejected me, the man that was now crying.

He walked towards my side causing me to breathe a little heavy and tense up.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He whispered with tears on his face.

I can't talk so what the fuck was I supposed to do.

"I'm so sorry Elena for everything. I-I can't believe I did those things to you... I'm a monster. A monster that tortured his own mate." He said softly running his hands through his hair.

I just blinked because that's all I could do. Why was he apologizing to me now? Did he feel bad for losing his mate and now he wants me back to fill the void. Sike! Not happening.

"I know what's wrong with you Elena. I can make the pain stop... your heart is overworking due to us being so close again. Since I'm your true mate only I can fix the broken heart that you have." He whispered grabbing my limp hand.

The pain went away in a flash. I could move again and breathe normally. It was like a huge weight was being lifted off of my chest. Well... body.

"Why are you here now?" I asked with a raspy voice. I hadn't had anything to drink and my throat was really dry.

"I came here to fight Abel not you. He killed my mat-Luna. I didn't think that you guys would be second chance mates..." He trailed off.

"How do you know he killed your mate, I meanLuna?" I asked looking up at him.

"I had a dream or a vision? I don't know how to explain it. I have them regularly but this was actually the one that made the most sense." He said a little confused.

"You can see things?" I asked staring down at his hand in mine, his eyes following my gaze.

"Yes, I've always been able to see things. I just don't know how or why." He stated while rubbing circles onto my hand.

"I can see things too, I have visions." I whispered.

"What? You can? I guess that's another reason for us being mates right?" He tried to joke but I didn't laugh.

"We aren't mates Vincent. I'm happy here with Abel he doesn't torture me like you did." I said a little harshly.

"I think you're lying Elena. I had a vision of someone hurting you. It wasn't me but someone you actually loved." Vincent said while cupping my cheek. He analyzed my face when anger made its way to his eyes.

"Did he hit you?" He asked harshly making me flinch. "How did I not see this before?!"

I didn't answer I just looked down.

"Who does that to their mate?! I'm going to kill him." He yelled, his eyes turning black.

"Y-you did that to your mate as well so you don't be a hypocrite." I said.

He sighed and rested his head against my hand... this is kinda weird but, the pain stays away soo.

"I just wish I could live a life without pain and worry." I whispered feeling a tear slip from my eye.

"I wish I didn't cause you to live your life that way." He said shakily, looking at me and wiping the single tear from my face.

Moments went by with him just holding my hand in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence but a comfortable silence.

"Can I be honest with you?" He asked looking up at me.

I nodded and looked away toward the window in my room.

"When I first saw you, I knew you were my mate. I didn't want to let the girl who has always been there for me go. I mated and made her my Luna... it didn't feel right. I wasn't happy waking up next to her. I was pissed because I knew as I woke up in a bed, you woke up in a cage. My cage. My wolf hated me and still does for that. I wish I could've let you be my mate Elena. Seeing you attack me after I told you about a pack member made me realize what a good Luna you would've been. You took on the Alpha of all people." He chucked.

"I just want you to know that I always loved you, from the moment my eyes landed on you. I'm sorry for torturing you and locking you in a cage. I thought that if I did that you would eventually go and I wouldn't have the feelings anymore. I wouldn't have to kick out Amber. I never feel anything at all honesty but I'm so sorry I chose her over you." He trailed on.

So that was her name. 'Amber'.

I just looked away from him and took in all of this information. I was shocked and angry but what could I do. I was abused by both mates. I can't trust either of them. The chances of me going back to him are slim and also the chances of me staying here are slim as well. Maybe I can try to be a lone wolf?

Vincent started to talk again cutting me from my thoughts.

"When Abel came into my office the day of his parting, he told me he had a deal. A deal to make you Omega and serve a punishment here. I didn't think you'd be his second chance mate. - Today when I saw you in his arms it reminded me of that day. You in his arms, peaceful and happy that you were saved from me. I was jealous and I wanted to take back what was mine but I couldn't. I let my ego get in front of the feelings I had for you. I can't believe I let the love of my life leave right before my eyes." He said with tears falling from his eyes.

"I don't really know how to take all of this in or feel but I appreciate you being honest with me. I don't know what to do. I love Abel but I can't forget what he did to me. I can't forget what you did to me." I said in a hushed tone.

All I heard was "I'm sorry" before I was being pulled into a kiss.

~
A/N: Elena has some decisionsss to make! The book isn't close to being done and I'm sorry about my random upload schedule. I work and have school so I try to upload as frequently as I can. I hope you're enjoying it so far. If you have any questions or need anything you can always message me!

❗️COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK MIGHT HAPPEN OR HOW YOU FEEL!❗️

Remember to Vote & Comment! Thank you for reading!

Much love,
Sami