Chapt. 35) Oh

~Elena's POV~
_______________________
Today was the day of our appointment with the doctor and I was extremely nervous.

As we walked hand in hand into the hospital, everything around me caused me to panic. It was all settling in and making me nervous.

"It's okay love, just breathe." Vincent said obviously sensing my discomfort.

Breathing in and out I started I calm down a little. We walked up to a counter with a woman behind it.

"Good morning Alpha and Luna. Are you here for your appointment today?" She asked.

Obviously. I wanted to be a smart-ass so bad.

"Yes we are." Vincent replied.

"Okay well I just need you to sign in and then take a seat over there." She said pointing to a waiting room.

As I signed in and walked to the waiting room, Vincent started to run small circles on my thigh.

His touch helped the pain and nerves but I was still feeling it.

"Alpha, Luna." The Doctor greeted from the door. "Please come back."

We nodded and stood up. We walked back to the room where the doctor was and sat down. Well I sat on the bed while Vincent sat in a chair.

"So, I tested your blood and found out what the pain is coming from. It's extremely rare for werewolves but we can try to assess the situation." The doctor explained sitting in his swivel chair.

"What is it?" I asked nervously.

"I'm sorry to inform you but your tests showed that you have cancer." He said.

I froze. My mind was blank and I couldn't process anything. My whole life was hell and once I'm happy it turns to something bad again. Why does this always happen to me?

"I know it's a lot to take in but you have Stomach Cancer or Gastric Cancer." He said softly.

I looked over to Vincent to see his head in his hands. I hopped off the table and grabbed his face. He was crying.

"Vincent stop. Well get it taken care of I promise. We caught it early." I tried to explain to him but all he did was stare forward.

"She's correct Alpha. We caught it early which means she has a higher chance of surviving it's not guaranteed though. If we get her the right procedures she should be alright." The doctor said to Vincent.

Vincent silently nodded wiping his tears.

"When do we need to schedule appointments and all that jazz?"I asked totally calm about this situation.

I'm only calm for Vincent's sake.

"We can today. I suggest that you have an appointment tomorrow. The sooner the better. I'll most likely be doing the procedures for you so everything will be done here." He said.

"Okay thank you so much. I'll see you tomorrow." I replied grabbing Vincent's hands.

We walked in silence out of the hospital and got in the car.

"Vincent please say something." I said grabbing his face.

"I-I can't let you go. You can't leave me. You're not allowed to leave me!" He said breaking down.

"I'm not going to leave you. I promise I'm staying. We caught it early so that's good." I said wiping his tears with my thumbs.

"I know. I just can't stand the thought of losing you Elena. You are the reason I wake up everyday. If I lost you I'd die." He said crying even harder.

Seeing him like this broke my heart. It pains me to see him like this.

"You won't lose me. I promise. I love you Vincent so much and there's a lot that needs to happen in order for me to leave." I said before kissing him.

"I love you too." He nodded before driving off.

Tomorrow is the day. The day where I find out if I can keep my promise.