Chapter 2

After a few minutes of just standing there wrapped in my mates arms, I hear Jasmine clear her throat. My mate growls and sends her a glare. I pull back frowning at my best friend.
"I'm going to head back to the pack house." She says and I nod my head.
After saying buy to Jasmine, i turn to the sound of my mates voice.
"Would you like to talk and get to know each other?" He asks and I nod.
"How about we play a game kind like 20 questions but instead it will be 10 questions?" I ask. He nods and we sit down at my table.
"You go first." He says and I nod
"What's you name?" I ask
"Taylor Kasson." He says, "what's your name?"
"Astrid Harper. Favorite color?"
"Baby blue. Favorite food?"
"Pizza. Favorite TV show?"
"Shadowhunters. Favorite color?"
"Blue-green."

A few hours and more than 10 questions later, I feel like I know a lot about him. He's the alpha of the Nightmare pack, he has 2 sisters, likes the color baby blue, and my favorite thing about him (well one of them) he loves the Shadowhunters.
"Can I meet you here the same time tomorrow?" He asks and I nod
"I'll be here." I say. He pulls me close taking in my sent before we go our separate ways.

When I get back to the pack house Jasmine bombards me with questions, which I mostly ignore as I make my way to the kitchen. My mom smiles when she sees me.
"Sooo? What's his name?" She asks and I laugh.
"Taylor Kasson." I answer and the smile slips from her face.
"As in the Nightmare pack alpha?" She asks and I nod.
"What's so bad about that?" I ask as my dad walks into the kitchen
"What's so bad about what?" He asks
"She found her mate." Jasmine squeals
"Why's that so bad?" He asks
"Wait for it." My mom warns him and I glare at her.
"Why is it so bad that Taylor Kasson is my mate?" I yell
"He's what?" My dad growls
"He's. My. Mate." I growl
"I forbid you from seeing him." My dad says after several minutes of silence.
"You can't do that!" I yell, " you can't forbid me from seeing my mate!"
"I am your alpha. What I say goes." He yells back.
"You are also my father!" I yell, "but you sure as hell aren't acting like one."
Before he can even respond I run out of the pack house. I don't know where I'm headed until I find myself crossing the border between my pack and my mates. I'm walking though the woods when I hear a twig snap behind me. I jump around quickly, relaxing when I see that its Taylor. Without a shirt on.
"Astrid? What are you doing here?" He asked surprised
"I..I um... I got into a fight with my dad and I didn't know where to go so I came here." I ramble
I look down at the ground, frowning at myself. Taylor chuckles as he lifts my face up so I'm looking into his blue-green eyes.
He smiles at me, "Come on let's go to the pack house." He says, "the pack is dying to meet their Luna." He grabs my hand and pulls me toward what I assumed was the pack house. Oh boy I forgot about being the Luna of the Nightmare pack. This is going to be a fun experience... Note the sarcasm.