Chapter Eight

Micas looks at the dim room watching Cain dying before his eyes "It had to be done, Son" He says looking at the boy he saw grow up he was always more found of Cain but preferred Jaspar who did as he was told. The perfect soldier Cain would call him when they would argue. He never told them, he didn't want things to change. Micas crouches down touching Cain's cold pale face "Find peace" He whispered before finishing up what he came to do. He grabs different herbs making a circle around Cain opening the door so the wicked witch Rose could come in and do the spell. "No one will see him, right?" He asks looking down at his son "I promise you nothing can overpower my spells" Rose says opening her spell book. "Relax Micas, If Victor promised us power, power is what we will get" She reassures him, he nods making her relax.

"Micas, I love you." Maria says her forehead drenched in sweat "I love you too, that is why I am not letting you go" He kisses her softly watching as she slowly begins to close her eyes "No. Don't leave me" He cries as the doctors' rush in to help her stay awake. "I can't-I can't lose you" He sobs pulled away by Lucas who looks at him with sad eyes. The room goes silent the only thing you could hear were Cain and Jaspar crying "We ate very sorry Alpha Micas" the doctor said bowing his head "Would you like to see your son's?" The nurse asks hoping the mention of his newborns would make him better. "No. Those are monsters! They killed her!" He screamed but stops once Lucas calmed him down. "I will stand with you until the end" Lucas says knowing very well the pack has lost an Alpha.

"We will stand together and rule while we find an excellent Luna" Lucas says watching as Micas stared down at the crib "Yes." He replied not bothering to look at him. "I will not be a father to them. I am their uncle and I will shape them so they can be great soldiers" He says before leaving the room.

"All done, they will see him but it will just be part of their imagination" Rose explains beginning to put her things away "Make sure no one sees you" Micas says his eyes never leaving the spot where Cain was. "I know what I am doing Micas" Rose says rolling her eyes before walking out the room. "Better" Micas mutters leaving the room as well.

I walk outside smiling as I see Jaspar standing by a black car "Ready to go?" He asks "Yes" I reply happy to be out of the castle and back to the city I once protected. "You are itching to see the city, aren't you?" He asks making me smile "Aren't you?" I ask turning up the radio. "I love the City but I prefer the comfort of my castle" I roll my eyes "This all seems like a dream" I say looking out the window "It feels like one to" He adds interlocking his hand with mine keeping his eyes on the road "Life is crazy, I mean I am a hybrid living in a castle full of werewolves and my father is a vampire that is evil" I say realizing how crazy it all sounds. "That was a great summary babe" Jaspar says humming to the music. "I don't know if I am ready" I tell him running a hand through my hair. "Ready for what?" Jaspar asks stopping the car so he can look at me "I don't know to fight, I mean I protected people for a living...until I got fired but I don't know if I want to" I say thinking back to how my mother felt. "I've done things...I've done things that I regret and I have also not done things and those are the ones I regret the most" He tells me squeezing my hand "I am your mate and I will stay with you forever" He says meeting my eyes but somehow it doesn't make me feel better.

Natalia sits outside on the grass on the look-out for anyone who is looking for Cain. "Natalia!" Adeline yells running towards her "Have you seen Cain?" She asks making her smile "Yes! He went out for a run... he is training to hard I tell him but since I'm not Morgan he doesn't listen to me" She says shrugging hoping the spell will work "Really?" She asks "Yes girl! You should relax before the bloodshed begins" Natalia says making it dramatic "There is nowhere to go" Adeline says "Follow me! I know the perfect place" Natalia smiles turning around Adeline following close behind.

"Wow when did you find this place?" Adeline asks amazed by the waterfall "Micas showed it to me it was like our first official date. He was super cute and sweet telling me how he hasn't done anything for a woman for a long time" Natalia says genuinely smiling "Yes I remember my uncle Lucas told me about his last love" Adeline says "What was her name?" Natalia asks not liking the thought of Micas with someone else "Maria they weren't really mates so the moon goddess punished them" Adeline says saddened by the story "She died and well he was living wishing he could be with her that made him loose his title as Alpha giving it to Catalina and well now we are here" Adeline says sitting beside Natalia "So does that make me your aunt?" She asks "I guess so" Adeline replies still thinking about the story. "Maria got what she deserved" Natalia said huffing "She didn't deserve to die" Adeline says watching the water fall.

"I forgot how much I loved the city" I say walking around downtown smiling at everything. "I am sorry things turned out the way they did" Jaspar says holding my hand "You can't mess with destiny" I say laughing but Jaspar turns serious "I guess you can't" He replies in a whisper. "Are you okay" I ask touching his shoulder making him flinch "Yes, like you said life is crazy and it's about to get even crazier" I nod leaning my head on my shoulder. "I'm scarred Jaspar...I don't want to lose any of you guys" I admit my voice becoming shaky, Jaspar wraps his arms around me not saying a word making me feel uneasy.