Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Lucas looked down at Micas who slouched like a coward "Cat got your tongue? I asked you a question and I expect it to be answered!" Lucas said holding the dagger near Micas' mouth "Or should I cut your tongue?" Micas smiles looking up at his brother "Wow" He says his smile getting bigger "You really are something else...kill me but that is not going to get you any answers" Lucas groans kicking Micas again making him spit more blood. "Fine you want to know the truth? Okay I'll tell you the fricken' truth" Micas tries to get up making Lucas become defensive "Relax" Micas says putting his hands up walking over to the nearest chair "Story time needs to be comfortable" He says chuckling even though in his eyes there was nothing but sadness and hate.

***

Lucas looks outside the castle as shadows of the vampire begin to appear "Catalina" He says looking back at her with fear "You have to hide...Victor will find you" Catalina looks outside and then at Lucas "He is here for me it would be selfish if I let my men die because of it" She says looking down at her hands "No he is here for the baby" Lucas says "If he finds you and sees you don't have her he will kill you" He shouts not wanting to lose Catalina. "Fine!" She says storming away but Lucas pulls her back "wait for me by the well in an hour" Catalina nods making Lucas smile "Be careful Lucas" She whispers before leaving.

Catalina rushes past Micas who heard everything angry at his brother for not sacrificing her for the greater good of the pack. She is the reason why his best men are dying; the pack shouldn't pay for a decision she made even if she is the Luna. Micas goes back outside preparing to face Victor so he could negotiate.

"Did Catalina send you?" Victor asks his sharp fangs threatening to tear Micas flesh "No. I came here on my own" He says preparing his wolf in case he needs to come out. "Why are you here?" Micas asks, "For Catalina of course I need to talk to her" Victor says desperately "Stop killing my men and I will tell you where she is" Micas says hoping his brother will understand. "Fine" Victor says his eyes flashing red and soon Micas was surrounded by vampires. "Now where is she?"

***

Lucas stayed quiet for a long time before looking back at Micas "I can't believe you told him where she was!" He yelled gripping the dagger turning his knuckles white. "I had to do what is best for the pack" He said blood still spilling from his cut lip. "You deserve to rot in hell" Lucas says stabbing Micas letting him fall on the floor. "You have no idea what is coming!" Micas yelled hysterically as Lucas walked out the room. As soon as he shut the door he heard a groan and then silence. Lucas sighs dropping the bloody dagger on the floor before roaming the castle engulfed in his own thoughts.

***

Micas walks down the city streets replaying Lucas reaction when news of Catalina's death came to the castle. He no longer cared it was his fault she was dead because he is no longer the kind man he used to be. Micas used to envy his brother because he could be with his mate while his love died leaving him with two sons who don't even know he is there dad. "Sorry" He says bumping into two teenagers before entering the dark alley. "Micas I've been wanting to have a chat with you" A vampire says showing his fangs "What do you want?" Micas says preparing his wolf "I heard you wanted to become one of us" the vamp said snickering "Why would I want to be a dirt bag like you?" Micas growled "I know why you are here..." the vamp says smirking his fangs touching his lip "Victors daughter is here and you want to have her for your own" He says stepping closer to Micas gaining confidence. "Just like you betrayed Catalina you are going to do the same with her daughter? That is cruel even for a monster like you...what would your pack think about it?" The vampire said threatening to tell them so they can turn against him. "If they don't know about it they won't think about it" Micas says ready to rip him to shreds. "For now," the vampire says ready to leave but Micas grabs him by the neck killing him instantly. "Oh-my-gosh!" A scared voice yelled making Micas turn showing his werewolf eyes "Hector!" Juliet screams as they both stand there in fear watching the man turn into a beast. All that was heard was a scream followed by a chilling growl. It had to be done Micas thinks to himself looking at the bodies wiping blood off his face.