Chapter 23 🌙

••In orochimaru's hideout••

"You're late." The raven haired uchiha says as two familiar figures walk through the door, a new pale boy joining.

"Weren't you supposed to join me for some new jutsu training this afternoon Orochimaru?" Sasuke coolly asks. Kabuto narrows his eyes at Orochimaru's student.

"Talking rude like that again." Kabuto mutters.

"Don't get angry Sasuke, I brought you a present for today. This is a Shinobi from the leaf just like you. You guys should be able to exchange nostalgic stories of home right?"

Sasuke opens his eyes with the sharingan activated. "How do you do? My name is Sai. So you're Sasuke Uchiha?" Sai asks with a smile on his face. "Get lost." The uchiha bluntly responds.

Sai doesn't even flinch at Sasuke's obvious attitude and continues to smile. "It seems I'm the type of person people don't like one way or another even if I try to make a smile." Sai pauses and his smile returns. "Naruto recently expressed his dislike towards me, but I get the feeling that I'll be able to get along better with you than with Naruto." Sasuke says nothing as he just stares at Sai.

"Oh well, it seems like Haru likes me more than Naruto does. You know her right?" Sai asks. Sasuke does nothing but use his sharingan on Sai at the mere mention of that girls name. Sai falls to the ground and Orochimaru can't help but smirk. "Sasuke!" Kabuto yells when Sai falls to the floor.

"It's probably not a good idea to joke around with Sasuke too much. He's even more troublesome than I am you see. And don't mention the girl, they seem to have hit a rough patch." Orochimaru says adding a bubble of confusion to Sai's mind.

'Haru and Sasuke hit a rough patch? What is that supposed to mean?' Sai mentally asks himself. "I don't care about that guy, join me now Orochimaru." Sasuke orders, standing up from his laid back sitting position.

"Ive heard a lot about you from Naruto." Sai says as he also stands up. "It seems like he was looking for you over the last three years."

"It seems there used to be a guy like that, wasn't there?" Sasuke rhetorically asks. "It seems like Haru was less enthusiastic about finding you though, she doesn't seem to like you very much unlike the other two." Sai adds, testing the waters.

Orochimaru chuckles and crosses his arms over his chest "She doesn't like Sasuke now? How tragic." Orochimaru says as Sasuke clenches his fists and begins to walk away. Luckily due to the lighting, no one was able to see this. "Let's go Orochimaru." Sasuke orders once again.

"Naruto said that he thinks of you as a brother, thats what I heard from Sakura." Sai finally says, hoping to get some sort of reaction. Sasuke pauses and turns to Sai, the dim lighting now hitting Sasuke's face so Sai can get a clear perception of him. "I only have one brother, and that's the man I want to kill." Sasuke then turns and disappears into nothing leaving the three alone in the room.

Orochimaru sighs then walks over to Kabuto. "Okay, I'll be going too. Kabuto, make a bingo book using this." Orochimaru says handing over a sealed document to the grey haired ninja. "Yes sir." Kabuto responds, taking the document in his hands. "Alright, I'll leave the rest to you." He then turns and walks away, smirking to himself.

Haru would be on her way, and then he'll watch all the drama unfold.

••Haru's POV••