Chapter 1.

This chapter is dedicated to @siyyamah @fatymahbaba for convincing me into writing this book,thank you.

Amne's POV

Yasir! Yasir!
I called out the name of my younger brother,it was 15mins past 9am and i was already late for my morning lecture,thanks to my younger brother yasir who is supposed to take me to school and is presently nowhere to be seen around the whole house,i wonder where he could've gone by this time. just as i was about to dial his number, i heard our gate open, Revealing his big head.

Where have you been? i told you earlier that i had a lecture today by 9,now you've made me late on the first day of the semeseter! i yelled at him.

"I'm so so sorry,i totally forgot and went out to jug, let me get the car key and we'll be on our way" he said.

I glared at him for some seconds.
They say people with big heads are forgetful,i believe now.
As thin as you are,which calories do you want to burn?

He frowned and went in to get the key.

Yasir is 19 years old,but keeps on behaving like a little kid,he is the only sibling i have, he finished secondary school about a year ago,applied to some school in egypt and is currently awaiting admission. So for now i've made him my personal driver,*devilish smile*.

*****

Getting to school, it seemed a bit scanty for Nile university, probably because today is the first day of the semester, students here dont resume on time, the unserious ones though.

I was walking to the lecture hall when i heard someone scream my name from behind me, i turned around to see it was none other than my bestfriend, Siyyamah Nazif(ummi).

Ummi and i have known each other for about three years now, we met at this school when we were newly enrolled. She and i study the same course (medicine).
Over the years we got to know each other and discovered that we had a lot in common, though ummi is a bit younger than i am we go together just fine.

"Amne i missed you so so much" she said in her cute voice, reaching in for a hug.

I missed you so much more Ummi, how have you been? And when did you get back from maiduguri?

"Fine,i got back yesterday" she said

Ummi and i kept on chatting and catching up as we walked to class.

*****

Embryolgy class was quite boring today,i almost slept off during the lecture, Its a good thing we always have the class in the morning.
Since it was the only class we were having today, i called yasir to come pick us up. Since ummi's house was not to far from ours we decided to be taking her home.

I walked into our house, tired. As i went in a very pleasant aroma lured me straight to the kitchen, An aroma this nice only meant one thing.
Mama was cooking!!

I walked up to her and gave her a tight bone crushing hug from behind as i greeted her.

"How are you amne? You're back early, how was school?" Mama said.

I'm good mama, school was fine,i had only one class today. So whats cooking? I asked.

"Your favourite, fried rice/chicken pepper soup, go and freshen up then can come and eat"

Yaaay!!, thats why i love you Mama, let me quickly do that, i cant wait to have a taste of this.

I went to my room, took my bath, then changed into a t-shirt and a sweatpant. Yes i'm that type of girl.
I prayed zuhr and went down to eat.

After dishing out my meal, i went to the parlor to eat, i met Mama and yasir talking, about his school i presume, Yasir had been admitted into october 6th university in Egypt and will be leaving next week. I dropped my food and went to jubilate with them.

Which course did you get? I asked him.

"Computer engineering"

Alhamdulillah, i wont have to be taking my system anywhere for repair anymore, I joked.

"As long as you'll pay me,no problem" he said, making us all laugh.

So yasir, when you go to school who will be taking me to school?

"Nikam amne, why haven't you still learnt how to drive, you're old enough already" that was Mama.

"She's too scared" yasir chirped in.

I'm not scared, i just never felt the need to, since yasir is around. But i guess he can teach me before he goes, right yasir?

"I dont think i'll have the time to do that, besides you cant learn how to drive in just one week" he said.

You better have time and dont underestimate me,i can learn how to drive in a week if i put my mind to it.

"Alright then, lets see how it goes" he said.

"You two are just something else" Mama said laughing.

I stood up an went back to devour my meal.
_______________________________________

Phew!,first chapter down.
How did i do?
Thank you for viewing my book
Don't forget to:
Vote⭐
Comment 💬
Share 👍

Signed: Ahmad.