Chapter 5.

This chapter is dedicated to Fareedahh_m , you're my story's best reader so far, thank you♡.

Amne

Today's class was boring, most medical classes are boring and stressful.

I sat in the parking lot waiting for yasir to come pick me up, he was quite late, ummi went home earlier than usual today, so i was just...alone.

Yasir arrived about 15 minutes later, it was a boring long wait, he came with khalifa, so i didn't scold him for making me wait so long.

The ride home wasn't really fun, no one was talking, so i decided to break the silence.

"Yasir what about our deal?" I asked yasir. We agreed he was going to teach me how to drive in one week, and now half of the week is gone but i still believe i can do it, its just driving.

"I totally forgot, you know i've been occupied these days" he said, guilty.

"Well its not too late you know, i can still do it" i said with full confidence.

"You can't possibly learn in just three days" yasir said, like it was some impossible thing, he keeps underestimating the level of my determination.

"Don't underestimate me" i said in a warning tone, this time khalifa laughed, i glared at him and he quickly put on a straight face.

He had been quiet throughout the ride, i even thought he had hope in me, but he's obviously on yasir's side.

"You know what, i believe you" he said as he took a turn to our neighbourhood, then parked by the road.

"Come and drive" he gestured with both his hands.

I smirked and rushed to the drivers seat, while khalifa returned to the back seat so yasir could guide me.

"Step on the brake and start the car" yasir instructed.

"Which one is the break?" I asked him. I always get confused between the two.

"The one by the left" was his reply after laughing at me.

I stepped on the rectangular pedal and turned the key, making the car roar to life, just then i could feel all the courage in me race out of my body, but i wasnt ready to give up just yet. "What next?" I asked facing yasir.

"Put the handbreak down, and shift the gear to D" he instructed, showing me the gear and handbreak ofcourse.

The handbreak was quite strong so he helped me put it down, i tried shifting the gear but it wouldn't move.

"Your foot has to be on the break, don't remove it till i say so" yasir added.

I put my left foot back on the break, while the right one was above the other pedal, then shifted the gear to D as instructed.

"Hold on to the steering wheel and take your foot off the break" yasir said.

As i did so, the car began to move, my heart was beating very fast, as though a horse race was taking place in my chest, but i was excited.

Yasir directed me till the car was fully on the road. "Now step on the accelerator a little bit" he said gesturing with his hands.

I put the weight of my right foot on the accelerator and the car raged forward, i panicked and lost control, i began turning the steering wheel from one angle to another.

"Amne step on the break" yasir yelled in fear. I was soo confused that i mistook the breaks for the accelerator and then i stepped on it, making the car increase in speed, at this point i started screaming, yasir was shouting for me to stop the car, at that moment fear had consumed me and i couldn't do anything.

I let go of the steering when i noticed an electricity pole ahead, the car was way beyond my control, just then i saw khalifa's hand reach for the handbrake.

The car made screeching sounds and came to halt about 2 feet away from the pole. I put my hands on my fast pounding chest trying to calm it down, yasir was still in shock, that was a close one.

I was soo full of regret, i stepped down and motioned for yasir to come and drive, he shook his head, saying his hands were shaky, then he asked khalifa to please take us home.

Driving isn't so easy afterall.

Thank God mama wasnt in front of the house where she usually sat when we came in. We decided to keep what happend to ourselves.

I thanked khalifa, he just smiled and gave me the "its nothing" look and left.

I went in, straight to my room to take a hot shower and calm myself. I prayed afterwards and Then i went to greet mama in her room.

After today's event i don't think i would want to be behind the steering wheel again.

_______________________________________

Hey guys, i'm so sorry for the late update, i've been quite occupied lately, thanks for holding on.
Also, pardon me for my chapters are really short, i'll try to improve on that. Don't forget to:

Vote⭐
Comment💬
Share👍

Signed: Ahmad