Chapter 32

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Oliver~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I entered my house and plopped down on my bed not caring about changing my clothes or even locking the door. The whole house seemed dead to me at the moment. I hated being alone there for the first time in my life. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but Sam's angry and hurt face couldn't let me sleep. I don't know why every time I see her with Ben my mind stops working. And on top of that whatever Julianne told made me mad. I don't know why even for a nano second I believed her. I know my Sam. She can never do anything near to what Julianne said, but I'll definitely find that out if Ben really visited Julianne as she said, just to be sure that Julianne was not lying.

As I couldn't sleep I got up from my bed and went to Sam's room. The clothes she had changed was still lying on the bed. I picked her shirt and sniffed it just to feel her presence for a while,but the sweet fragrance of her perfume made me miss her even more. I remembered the short time she spent here with me, how hesitant she was to all the luxuries I provided. She never ever asked for any of this. Hell! What did I do!

I picked up my cellphone to dial her number once again, but then I knew she wouldn't pick up, so instead I wrote an apology message and sent her.

Baby, I am really sorry for being such a dick head. I had come there to apologize for my mom's behaviour, instead I made it even worse. I didn't mean to hurt you baby. I love you. But as jealousy is also a part of love, and I being so insecure to lose you all the time, I really got scared and jealous when I saw you in comforting hands of your friend and I reacted the way I did.

I am so sorry sweetheart. Please please forgive me and come back to me.

I clicked the send button and closed my eyes hoping to fall asleep.

************

I felt her soft hands on my face stroking my cheeks gently. I held her hands drawing them closer to me and kissed on the back. "I knew you would come".

"Of course. We have a meeting today remember?" Wait, this is not the voice I was expecting. I opened my eyes and as soon as I saw Julianne leaned over my face, smiling at me her most charming smile, I jumped out of the bed in horror.

"Julianne, you? What are you doing here? How did you come inside?" I asked checking whether I had my clothes on or not. Thankfully I was so tired yesterday to change.

"Er .. I am sorry the door was not locked. Actually I came here to give a start up before the meeting."

With all what had happened yesterday, I completely forgot that I had promised Julianne to accompany her in the meeting today. I checked the clock kept on my bedside. It was 7 o'clock and my head was paining with the lack of sleep. I gave my head a little jerk thumping my palm on it, in a failed attempt to reduce the pain.

"Oliver, are you alright? If you are not feeling well then it's fine. I'll manage on my own", Julianne said in a low voice.

"Oh no, I am fine. Just having a little headache. I'll take medicine. And I'll come with you. You just give me half an hour. Er.. you can wait in the living room till then", I said picking up my cellphone.

She nodded and came out of. Sam's room and took a seat on the couch in the living room. I gave her a glance, she was busy shuffling through her laptop and then left to freshen up.

When I came out I saw Julianne checking out my cellphone which I had left at the centre table. She immediately shut it and put it back as soon as I entered the living room. It felt awkward and quite not right.

"Er.. I am sorry Oliver, I hope you didn't mind me looking at your phone. Er... actually I wanted to buy one for dad. Same model", she said crossing her legs.