10

Chapter 10

Xavier was extremely pissed. He finally got to look at his mate and she was ripped right from his sight.

The faint scent of something floral with the fresh and clean scent of lemon came to his nose as he first barged past the doors and into the room. It was faint and he couldn't pick up the trail to follow it but he knew he wanted almost needed too. He had continued to walk in to find the scent and who it was coming from. He was to stunned to speak when it rushed right past him as the family of five quickly climbing the stairs.

A low growl ripped through his chest as his mate tried to escape. Everyone froze as well as her but she had looked over her shoulder finding Xavier's intense stare on her. Steven the man holding her arm said something and pulled her to the car. Haley had to stay at a light jog to keep up with the quick pace they were walking at.

They all got in the car and drove away. Xavier was furious but somewhat thankful that he now only had to play the waiting game.

Haley had fallen asleep after she changed. Tyson's parents met his mate and talked slightly before all going to bed. Tyson pulled his mate into his chest and sighed contently.

"Why did we leave the party so quickly with Harley? No wait Haley, right?" She questioned thoughtful looking up to him after she corrected her mistake of the similar names.

"Haley doesn't know she's a wolf. She doesn't even know we're wolfs. With Alpha Daron sniffing around like that we didn't want to take any chances of the most ruthless Alpha possibly being her mate. He would take her and throw her into a world she's not used to causing her to break any progress she had made so far. But with the way he stormed after us I'm guessing he'll be here to take her soon." Tyson sighed wishing only the best for Haley.

"Why doesn't she talk? What happened?" She asked with concern for Tyson's loved one in her eyes.

"Her parents were killed basically in front of her and she hid in the attic for two days till we found her." The mood turned somber if it wasn't already.

"Oh that's terrible. That poor thing." Natalie said as her heart ached for Haley just like a Luna should for her pack members.

"It's okay love. She's been getting better. We just have to keep supporting her." Natalie nodded to Tyson's statement as he turned off the last light in the house and fell asleep.

Xavier had waited an hour more just for good measures before he did anything. He came out of the woods behind the Devin residence looking up at the three windows. He followed the scent of flowers and lemon to the two windows on the right side of the house. Taking a closer look he realized one window was bigger and opened with a bench seat there as well. He figured that would be her room.

Haley dreamed of a soft breeze blowing threw her window as she sat at the window seat. The moon was a crescent hovering above the tall trees. A howl of a wolf caught her ear. She looked down in the forest hopping to spot just a glimpse of the beautiful creatures. She froze as a colossus black wolf chasing after a much smaller light brown almost the color of a hazelnut wolf.

The black wolf nipped at the brown ones tail playfully till the brown one took a quick turn causing the black one to lose it's footing, tumble over and stand back up. The wolf shook off the leaves and everything started to fade out. The sound of leaves ruffling stayed with her.

Xavier was carrying Haley through the woods with the sound of crunching leaves under his rather large feet. Haley started to wiggle in his arms as everything was black but she heard leaves. Feeling the cool gust of wind her eyes shot open. The twos eyes connected and she immediately started to squirm and push at the strange mans large chest in attempt to get away.

Xavier's grip only tightened as she thrashed about. She finally stopped as it had got her no advantage and she was tired.

"Bona Puella." Xavier's deep voice rumbled over her. (Good girl)

Haley was completely freaked out at this point. She could hardly see the man carrying her.

Who is he? How did he find me? What did he say? Why does he want me? Were unanswered questions running through Haley's head.

Within a few minutes a car rolled to a stop in front of them and the Xavier opened the back door. Haley was put in the back seat and buckled up before Xavier was sat in the front.

Still very tired Haley looked over to read the clock on the dash. It was two thirty eight in the morning. Haley didn't know what to do as she had never been kidnapped, she had no way to even communicate with them and the option of them knowing sign language was completely out of the question. So Haley made the best decision in her mind to get comfortable in her seat with her head leaned against the window and her legs curled up behind the seat belt with her body. Slowly she started to doze off.

~
KARL DREXEL from ottomodels.com

AN: I'm graduating tomorrow!!! So excited! But for I have a straight face typing this. So tired from grad night #chronicallyill

Anyways happy reading my loves

Vote and comment 💕